Title 21-A §753-B.2
All Absentee Ballot requests must be received by the Municipal Clerk by the close of business on Thursday, November 2, 2017, unless special circumstances exist.
The “special circumstances” are:
- An unexpected absence from the municipality during the entire time the polls are open on Election Day (8:00 AM – 8:00 PM);
- A physical disability;
- An inability to travel to the polls because the voter is a resident of a coastal island ward or precinct;
- An incapacity or illness that has resulted in the voter being unable to leave home or a treatment facility.
Ellsworth polling places open on November 7, 2016 from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Ward One – 1 City Hall Plaza 2nd floor Auditorium (Downtown Area east side of the Union River).
- Ward Two – 283 State Street – Community of Christ Church (North Street, Ellsworth Falls area, and Fletchers Landing Township).
- Ward Three – 867 Bangor Road – Maine Coast Baptist Church Gymnasium (North Ellsworth).
- Ward Four – 1 City Hall Plaza 1st floor Council Chambers (Bridge Hill area west side of the Union River).
For more information about elections in the City of Ellsworth please visit our election page.