The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, July 17, 2017 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 06/19/2017 Regular Monthly Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #071700, Acceptance of Barbara Hegenbart’s resignation from the Planning Board Alternate (2) position with a term to expire on June 30, 2018. *
10. Council Order #071701, Request of the Recreation Commission to appoint Jodie Burckhard as a member to the Recreation Commission term to expire June 30, 2018. *
11. Public hearing and action on the following business license application (s):
- Ellsworth Lodge of Elks #2743, 317 High Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Alcohol and Special Amusement) and renewal of a State Club-On Premise with Catering Malt, Spirituous and Vinous (Class I) Liquor License.
- Paul Linscott d/b/a Eastward Bowling Lanes and Eastward Lunch, 25 Eastward Lane Suite 6, for renewal of a City Class B License (Arcade over 12 units, Victualer, and Alcohol) and renewal of a State Restaurant Malt and Vinous (Class III and IV) Liquor License.
- Michael Debeck d/b/a Hot Shotz Bar & Grill, 193 Main Street, for a new City Class B License (Amusement, Alcohol, Victualer) and a new State Restaurant/Lounge Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous (Class XI) Liquor License.
- Jennifer Goodrich Wing d/b/a Peppers Pub Inc., 20 Water Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Amusement, Victualer, and Alcohol) and renewal of a State Restaurant/Lounge Malt, Spirituous and Vinous (Class XI) Liquor License.
- Melanie Omlor-Fox d/b/a Helen’s Restaurant of Ellsworth, 55 Downeast Highway, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Alcohol) and renewal of a State Restaurant Malt, Spirituous and Vinous (Class I, II, III, IV) Liquor License.
12. Council Order #071702, Request of the City Manager to negotiate an Easement Envelope allowing Acadia Arena rights over City land.
13. Council Order #071703, Discussion and action on permitting a Beer Tasting tent on the Waterfront for Friday evening September 22nd in conjunction with Autumn Gold weekend.
14. Council Order #071704, Request of the City Manager to authorize and execute a contract for engineering services with Woodard and Curran for the High Street Booster Station Capacity Upgrade project.
15. Council Order #071705, Request of the Wastewater Treatment Superintendent to purchase a plow truck for the Wastewater Treatment Facility from Darling’s Commercial Sales in the amount of $35,458 to be funded with remaining SRF program monies.
16. Council Order #071706, Request of the Wastewater Treatment Superintendent to purchase a Vogelsang Rotary Lobe Pump in the amount of $15,700 to be funded with remaining SRF program monies.
17. Council Order #071707, Request of the Water Superintendent to award the bid for a new 2018 4WD regular cab work truck.
18. Council Order #071708, Request of the Public Works Director to award the hot bituminous asphalt contract for maintenance paving.
19. Council Order #071709, Discussion and action on the request of the City Planner to approve the agreement with WHCA for CDBG Housing Assistance Program Administrative Services.
20. Council Order #071710, Request of the Police Chief to award a bid for (2) two new 2017 police cruisers.
21. Council Order #071711, Request of the City Manager to extend the contract with Acadia Disposal District to accept their recyclable products through June 30, 2020.
22. Council Order #071712, Request to adjust the FY2018 budget to account for changes to revenues and appropriations impacted by the recent passing of the biennial State of Maine budget for fiscal years 2018 and 2019.
23. Executive Session to discuss labor contracts in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
24. Council Order #071713, Discussion and action as needed on the item from executive session.
25. Executive Session to discuss labor contracts in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
26. Council Order #071714, Discussion and action as needed on the item from executive session.