The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, June 19, 2017 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meeting (s):
- April 17, 2017 Regular Meeting. (Tabled at the 5/15/2017 Regular meeting).
- May 15, 2017 Regular Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Michele Gagnon, for fifteen years of service with the Ellsworth Planning Department.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #061700, Request of the Deputy Finance Director to set the real estate and personal property tax due dates at September 14, 2017 and March 8, 2018. *
10. Council Order #061701, Request of the Deputy Finance Director for an Order of the Municipal Officers on the application of real estate and personal property tax payments. This order will allow for the Tax Collector and Treasurer to apply tax payments against the oldest unpaid tax bills. *
11. Council Order #061702, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
12. Council Order #061703, Request of the City Clerk for review and acceptance of the results from the City of Ellsworth School Budget Validation Municipal Referendum Election on June 13, 2017. *
13. Council Order #061704, Request of the City Assessor for abatement of taxes assessed to Heather Libby, Munis Acct# 120008, personal property tax bill amount of $42.48. *
14. Council Order #061705, Request of the City Assessor for abatement of taxes assessed to Special Children & Friends, Munis Acct# 3705, personal property tax bill amount of $313.29. *
15. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for new or renewal for the following license (s):
- Douglas J. Kiehm and Racheal E. Wallace d/b/a Homestead Motel and Cottages, 143 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Martin & Ware Inc d/b/a Central Maine Pyrotechnics Pyro City Maine d/b/a Pyro City Maine Fireworks Store, 328 Bucksport Road, for a renewal of a City Consumer Fireworks Retail Sales License.
- Charles B. & Ariela L. Zucker d/b/a Twilite Motel, 147 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Pavida Visetrut Young d/b/a Thai Sana, 321 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and renewal of a State Restaurant License (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- GC Pizza Hut, LLC d/b/a Pizza Hut, 211 High Street, for a new City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and a State Restaurant (Class IV) Malt Liquor License (transferred under State Statutes from Capital Pizza Huts, Inc. to GC Pizza Hut, LLC).
- Manny’s Greek Grill, LLC, 248 State Street Suite N for a new City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and a new State Restaurant (Class IV) Malt Liquor License.
16. Council Order #061706, Discussion and action on adopting the Resolve declaring July 11, 2017 as John Nixon Black, Jr. Day in the City of Ellsworth. (Sponsored by Councilor Fortier)
17. Council Order #061707, Request of the Finance Director to reconsider a lease agreement contract for Harbor Concessions at the Ellsworth Harbor.
18. Public hearing and enactment of an Emergency Moratorium Ordinance on Primary Caregiver Operations Outside of the Primary Residence upon the request of the City Planner.
19. Council Order #061708, Appointment of City Officials by the City Council.
20. Council Order #061709, Approval of City Manager’s appointments.
21. Council Order #061710, Request of the Deputy Finance Director to set the interest rate on overdue taxes.
22. Public hearing and action on Budget Resolutions for FY 2018.
23. Council Order #061711, Request of the Finance Director/Deputy City Manager to accept payments on 330 Water Street (Map 134 Lot 067-000-000) and 334 Water Street (Map 134 Lot 067-000-000) and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim deeds.
24. Public hearing and action on Council Order #061712: Authorization for Tax Anticipation Borrowing ($2,000,000).
25. Council Order #061713, Request of the Deputy City Manager/Finance Director to award a contract for Knowlton Park Mowing and Grounds Maintenance Services.
26. Council Order #061714, Request of the City Manager to pave the Union River Center for Innovation (URCI) parking lot at an estimated cost of $35,000.
27. Council Order #061715, Request of the City Manager to approve naming the remaining portion of old Route 179 as Falls Court (behind sunrise glass to railroad tracks).
28. Council Order #061716, Request of the Deputy City Manager for discussion and action on road improvements and acceptance of Alexis Way.
29. Council Order #061717, Request of the Finance Director to withdraw up to $20,000 from Capital Reserves for Knowlton Park improvements.