The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, March 19, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Rules of Order.
- Adoption of Ellsworth City Council minutes:
- 03/09/2018 Special meeting.
- 02/12/2018 Regular meeting.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Committee Reports.
- Citizens’ Comments.
- Presentation of Awards.
- Presentation of Firefighter of the year award by Fire Chief.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
- Council Order #031801, Reservation of the City of Ellsworth’s right to harvest alewives. *
- Council Order #031802, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds.*
- Council Order #031803, Request of the City Manager to hold a Special Municipal School Budget Validation Referendum Election on June 12, 2018, for the purpose of validating the school budget in conjunction with the State of Maine Primary Election. *
- Council Order #031804, Request of the Housing Authority to appoint Jeff Clark to the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority Board, term to expire 01/01/2019. *
- Council Order #031805, Request of the Recreation Commission to accept a resignation letter from Uriah Hon with a term to expire on June 30, 2019. *
- Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Prima Vera Inn, 200 High Street, for renewal of a Lodging House License.
- Morse, LLC d/b/a Tag’s Sports Bar 248 State Street Suite 4 for renewal of a City Class A License (Amusement, Liquor, Arcade and Victualer) and renewal of a State Class XI, Restaurant/Lounge Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
- B&B Burgers Inc. d/b/a Fuddruckers, 367 State Street Suite A, for a new City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and a new State Class III and IV, Restaurant Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Dana Cassidy d/b/a Colonial Inn, 321 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging House License.
- Council Order #031806, Request of the City Manager to accept ownership of a new fire hydrant and associated easement as part of a multi-family housing project located at Acorn Way off from the Surry Road.
- Council Order #031807, Request of the City Manager to extend the contract for certain road striping services to Jordan’s Striping.
- Council Order #031808, Request of the City Manager to extend the contract for center and sideline striping to Lucas Striping, LLC.
- Council Order #031809, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent to approve a contract with GEA Mechanical Equipment US, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $14,600.50 for repairs to the Centrifuge.
- Council Order #031810, Discussion and action on awarding a contract for construction services on the Water Street Parking Lot Improvements Project to be funded from Bond Anticipation Note Proceeds.
- Council Order #031811, Discussion and action on authorizing the City Manager to enter into reimbursement agreements with private participants in the Water Street Parking Lot Improvements Project.
- Council Order #031812, Briefing on upcoming City Council Workshop on Ellsworth Hydroelectric Project Relicensing.