The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of Ellsworth City Council minutes:
- 02/24/2017 Special meeting.
- 02/24/2017 Regular meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Recognition of the Waste Water Treatment Facility for having been selected by the New England Water Environment Association (NEWEA) to receive its 2016 Wastewater Utility Award.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #031700, Reservation of the City of Ellsworth’s right to harvest alewives. *
10. Council Order #031701, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds.*
11. Council Order #031702, Acceptance of Sandra Carter’s resignation from the Ellsworth Housing Authority Commissioners Board, with a term to expire on January 1, 2019. *
12. Council Order #031703, Acceptance of Candy Perkins’ resignation from the Harbor Commission, with a term to expire on June 30, 2017. *
13. Council Order #031704, Appointment of Steve Henry as a member of the Harbor Commission with a term to expire on June 30, 2017. *
14. Council Order #031705, Request of the City Manager to hold a Special Municipal School Budget Validation Referendum Election on June 13, 2017, for the purpose of validating the school budget in conjunction with the Special State Referendum Election. *
15. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Asset Management Inc. d/b/a Riverside Café, 151 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
- Capital Pizza Huts, Inc. d/b/a Pizza Hut, 211 High Street, for renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt Liquor License.
- Prima Vera aka Jasper’s Motel, 200 High Street, for a new Lodging House License.
16. Council Order #031706, Presentation by Heart of Ellsworth for approval to use City streets and properties in the downtown area for the Taste of Ellsworth event planned for the summer of 2017.
17. Council Order #031707, Presentation by Dobbs Productions for approval to utilize Local Public Access Channel 2.
18. Council Order #031708, Request of the Police Chief to approve the agreement between the City of Ellsworth and the Hancock County Commissioners for the Regional Communication Center third shift dispatching services.
19. Council Order #031709, Request of the City Manager to approve and execute an agreement between the City of Ellsworth and the Maine Department of Transportation to cost share the necessary drainage improvements in the State Street/Forrest Avenue vicinity.
20. Council Order #031710, Request of the City Manager to approve engineering services with Hedefine Engineering for the necessary drainage improvements in the State Street/Forrest Avenue vicinity.
21. Council Order #031711, Request of the Public Works Director to extend the contract for certain road striping services to Jordan’s Striping.
22. Council Order #031712, Request of the Public Works Director to extend the contract for center and sideline striping to Lucas Striping, LLC.