The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, November 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- October 16, 2017 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
- Appointment of Councilors to various City Committees by the Chairman of the City Council.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Small Business Day Proclamation – November 25, 2017.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #111702, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired time share units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
10. Council Order #111703, Discussion and action on the request of the Branch Lake Water Steward to set the Branch Lake boat and aeroplane sticker fee at $0 for the calendar year 2018. *
11. Public hearing and action on the following business licenses:
- VFW 109, 419 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (victualer, liquor, and amusement) and renewal of a State Bottle Club Registration.
- Provender, LLC d/b/a Provender, 112 Main Street, for a new City Class C License (victualer and liquor) and a new State Restaurant Class I, II, III, IV, malt, spirituous and vinous Liquor License.
12. Council Order #111704, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to waive foreclosure on the property located at 931 Bangor Road (Map 075 Lot 013-000-000).
13. Council Order #111705, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to waive foreclosure on the property located at 1311 Happytown Road (Map 108 Lot 013-0ON-000).
14. Council Order #111706, Request of the IT Systems Administrator to purchase traffic signal software and components.
15. Council Order #111707, Request of the City Manager to extend the Franklin Street Parking Lot Lease Agreement.
16. Council Order #111708, Request of the Deputy City Manager to reject the bid for the Alexis Way construction project.
17. Council Order #111709, Request of the Fire Chief to dispose of the forestry truck.
18. Executive Session to discuss labor contracts in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
19. Council Order #111710, Discussion and action on the item from the executive session.