The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, October 16, 2017 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 09/18/2017 Regular Monthly Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Adam Brackett, for 5 years of service with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
- Jody Frederick, for 10 years of service with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
- Raymond Robidoux, for 30 years of service with the Ellsworth Wastewater Department.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #101700, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
10. Council Order #101701, Request of the City Assessor for abatement of FY 2017 taxes assessed to Daniel & Suzanne Schecter, Munis ID# 2738, in the amount of $277.58 and interest and fees. *
11. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for the following license (s):
- The Grand, 165 Main Street, for a new City Class B License (Victualer, Alcohol, and Amusement) and a new State Other (Auditorium/Theatre) Class III and IV Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Louise Joy and Thomas Joy d/b/a Edward Joy & Sons, 129 North Street, for renewal of a City Junkyard/Automobile Graveyard Permit.
- James B. Card II d/b/a Jimbo’s Junkin, 62 Kylies Way, for renewal of a City Junkyard/Automobile Graveyard Permit.
- Daniel C. Potts d/b/a Lakeside Cedar Cabins, 397 Mariaville Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Roland Eibl d/b/a Sunset Motor Court, 210 Twin Hill Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
12. Public hearing and action on an amendment to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 36, General Assistance Ordinance.
13. Council Order #101702, Request to award a contract to ABM Mechanical, Inc. for repairs and modifications to the HVAC system at the Moore Community Center.
14. Council Order #101703, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent to enter into a sludge composting contract for the disposal of the City of Ellsworth’s sludge from the Wastewater Treatment Plant with DM&J Waste.
15. Council Order #101704, Request of the Public Works Director to award the bid for a new excavator.
16. Council Order #101705, Request of the Police Chief to approve the purchase of an unmarked/utility vehicle for the Ellsworth Police Department.