The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, July 16, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 06/01/2018 Emergency Meeting.
- 06/04/2018 Special Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Shawn Willey, for fifteen years of service with the Ellsworth Police Department. (June)
- David Hopkins, for five years of service with the Ellsworth Public Works Department. (July)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #071800, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
10. Public hearing and action on the following business license application (s):
- Ellsworth Lodge of Elks #2743, 317 High Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Alcohol and Special Amusement) and renewal of a State Club-On Premise with Catering Malt, Spirituous and Vinous (Class I) Liquor License.
- Pavida Visetrut Young d/b/a Thai Sana, 321 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and renewal of a State Restaurant Malt and Vinous (Class III and IV) Liquor License.
- Fogtown Brewing Co LLC d/b/a Fogtown Brewing Company, 25 Pine Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Alcohol, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Tavern (Class IV) Malt Only Liquor License.
- Jennifer Goodrich Wing d/b/a Peppers Pub Inc., 20 Water Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Amusement, Victualer, and Alcohol) and renewal of a State Restaurant/Lounge Malt, Spirituous and Vinous (Class XI) Liquor License.
- Melanie Omlor-Fox d/b/a Helen’s Restaurant of Ellsworth, 55 Downeast Highway, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Alcohol) and renewal of a State Restaurant Malt, Spirituous and Vinous (Class I, II, III, IV) Liquor License.
11. Council Order #071801, Request of the Public Works Director to dispose of various pieces of equipment through a third party auction service.
12. Council Order #071802, Request to reconsider deed restrictions on the Right-of-Way located on Clearwater Way. (Sponsored by Chairman Blanchette).
13. Executive session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.
14. Council Order #071803, Discussion and action on the item from the executive session.
15. Executive Session to discuss labor contracts in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.