The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, June 18, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meeting (s):
- May 4, 2018 Special Meeting.
- May 21, 2018 Regular Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Dustin Leyendecker, for ten years of service with the Ellsworth Public Works Department.
- Shawn Willey, for fifteen years of service with the Ellsworth Police Department.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #061801, Request of the Deputy Finance Director to set the real estate and personal property tax due dates at September 13, 2018 and March 14, 2019. *
10. Council Order #061802, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for an Order of the Municipal Officers on the application of real estate and personal property tax payments. This order will allow for the Tax Collector and Treasurer to apply tax payments against the oldest unpaid tax bills. *
11. Council Order #061803, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
12. Council Order #061804, Request of the City Clerk for review and acceptance of the results from the City of Ellsworth School Budget Validation Municipal Referendum Election on June 12, 2018. *
13. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for new or renewal for the following license (s):
- Douglas J. Kiehm and Racheal E. Wallace d/b/a Homestead Motel and Cottages, 143 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Martin & Ware Inc d/b/a Central Maine Pyrotechnics Pyro City Maine d/b/a Pyro City Maine Fireworks Store, 328 Bucksport Road, for a renewal of a City Consumer Fireworks Retail Sales License.
- Charles B. & Ariela L. Zucker d/b/a Twilite Motel, 147 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Manny’s Greek Grill, LLC, 248 State Street Suite N for renewal of a City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
14. Council Order #061805, Request of the Library Trustees to approve a bid from Pine State Elevator for repairs to the Library’s elevator.
15. Council Order #061806, Request to reconsider deed restrictions on the Right-of-Way located on Clearwater Way.
16. Council Order #061807, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to set the interest rate on overdue taxes.
17. Public hearing and action on Budget Resolutions for FY 2019.
18. Council Order #061808, Request to amend the City of Ellsworth Procurement Policy, Section 4 Purchase Orders (4) from $10,000 and over to $20,000 and over.
19. Public hearing and action on Council Order #061809: Authorization for Tax Anticipation Borrowing ($2,000,000).
20. Council Order #061810, Request of the City Manager to extend the contract for Knowlton Park Mowing and Grounds Maintenance Services with Goodall Landscaping.
21. Council Order #061811, Request of the City Manager to extend the contract for Lawn Treatment Services at City Hall, Merrill Park, SK Whiting Park, Harbor Park, Triangle at Demeyer, Wilson Field, and Demeyer Fields 1-3 with Goodall Landscaping.
22. Council Order #061812, Appointment of Jennifer Madore as Treasurer by the City Council.
23. Council Order #061813, Request of the City Manager to confirm the appointment of Jennifer Madore as the Finance Director.
24. Council Order #061814, Appointment of City Officials by the City Council.
25. Council Order #061815, Approval of City Manager’s appointments.
26. Executive session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.