The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, October 15, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting of the Ellsworth City Council:
• 09/17/2018 Regular Monthly Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
• Barb Bailey, for 10 years of service with the Ellsworth Dispatch Department.
• Ed Pollack, for 30 years with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #101800, Request of the Finance Director for transfer of the Defendants in Rem (criminal forfeiture Doc. No. CR-17-1123) to the City of Ellsworth and to allow the Finance Director to deposit these monies into the Police Forfeiture Reserve Account upon receipt of the funds.
10. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for the following license (s):
• Louise Joy and Thomas Joy d/b/a Edward Joy & Sons, 129 North Street, for renewal of a City Junkyard/Automobile Graveyard Permit.
• James B. Card II d/b/a Jimbo’s Junkin, 62 Kylies Way, for renewal of a City Junkyard/Automobile Graveyard Permit.
• MoFo, LLC d/b/a The Turtle Restaurant & Bar, 186 High Street for a new City Class B License (Amusement, Liquor, and Victualer) and a new State Restaurant/Lounge (XI) Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
11. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 36, General Assistance Ordinance.
12. Council Order #101801, Request of the City Manager to confirm the appointment of the new Ellsworth Economic Development Director.
13. Council Order #101802, Request of the Finance Director for approval to encumber certain appropriation accounts.
14. Council Order #101803, Request of the Finance Director for approval to adjust the FY 2018 estimated appropriations and revenues.
15. Council Order #101804, Request of the Public Works Director to award the bid for a one ton work truck.
16. Council Order #101805, Authorization to submit a Land and Water Conservation Fund grant application to the State of Maine in support of the Senior Fitness Station at Knowlton Park. All the financial matches will be provided from third party organizations.
17. Discussion and action on Council Order #101806, Request to approve an agreement between the City of Ellsworth and Northern Lights Medical Transport (formerly known as Capital Ambulance) to provide short-term quarters at the Ellsworth Fire Department to facilitate the startup of an ambulance service in Ellsworth.