CITY OF ELLSWORTH PLANNING BOARD
One City Hall Plaza
Ellsworth, Maine 04605
PUBLIC NOTICE and AGENDA for July 5, 2017
The regular meeting of the Ellsworth Planning Board will be held Wednesday, July 5, 2017, at 7:00 PM in the Council Chamber at City Hall to hear public comment and for consideration of the following requests:
- Adoption of Minutes from the June 7, 2017, meeting.
- Final Plan for a Major Use Site Development Plan titled DM&J Waste for DM&J Waste. The proposal is to construct a compost facility for sludge from wastewater treatment plants and seafood waste. The proposed developed area is about 173,000 SF on 13.1-acre of land located off the Mariaville Road but accessed via the Industrial Road. The property consists of two parcels: a 5-acre parcel of which about 3 acres is occupied by a demo debris facility and an 8.1-acre vacant parcel (respectively Tax Map/Lot: 50/75 and 50/76), in the Business Park Zone. The proposal is to include a total of about 8,360 SF of pads and/or storage areas, 36,600 SF of compost storage area, and a 288 SF office building.
- PUBLIC HEARING, DELIBERATIONS, FINDING OF FACTS AND CONCLUSION.
- Preliminary Plan for a Major Use Site Development Plan titled Maine Storage Plus for Mark Remick/Remick Storage, LLC. The proposal is to expand the Maine Storage Plus business located on Route 1A/Bangor Road to the northwest by constructing a total of 13,500 SF of new self-storage units (three 4,500 SF buildings) on 2.1-acre of land (Tax Map/Lot: 58/20), in the Urban Zone. Access will be through the existing facility from Route 1A.
- PUBLIC HEARING AND DETERMINATION OF APPLICATION COMPLETENESS.
- Signing of Mylars.