- The City of Ellsworth and MaineDOT agreed to work together through MaineDOT’s Planning Partnership Initiative (PPI) program to conduct this Study.
- Study’s purpose is to evaluate and analyze connectivity alternatives between
the Ellsworth Trail and the Sunrise Trail.
- Potential improvements to be considered may include:
- New/rehabilitated sidewalks and curb ramps
- Roadway pavement markings (e.g. crosswalks, lane marking, shared lane marking and bicycle lane markings)
- Signs (e.g. Destination and wayfinding signs, parking restrictions, bike and pedestrian crossing signs and advance warning signs)
- Enhanced pedestrian and bicyclist street crossings/intersection treatments
- Drainage adjustments
- Roadway and trail improvements
February 25th, 2021 Workshop
There will be a workshop with City staff and the Council regarding this study on February 25, 2021 at 6pm. More details on the workshop are to follow. Members of the public are encouraged to review the study and provide any questions or comments for input to Kerri Taylor (email@example.com) or Janna Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to February 25th.
August 26th, 2020 Meeting Presentation
Contains project scope, timeline and goals.