- The City of Ellsworth and MaineDOT agreed to work together through MaineDOT’s Planning Partnership Initiative (PPI) program to conduct this Study.
- Study’s purpose is to evaluate and analyze connectivity alternatives between
the Ellsworth Trail and the Sunrise Trail.
- Potential improvements to be considered may include:
- New/rehabilitated sidewalks and curb ramps
- Roadway pavement markings (e.g. crosswalks, lane marking, shared lane marking and bicycle lane markings)
- Signs (e.g. Destination and wayfinding signs, parking restrictions, bike and pedestrian crossing signs and advance warning signs)
- Enhanced pedestrian and bicyclist street crossings/intersection treatments
- Drainage adjustments
- Roadway and trail improvements