8/9/2022 8:16AM: Due to a failed culvert, Shore Road will be CLOSED to through traffic from Pond Ave to Forrest Ave while public works crews work to replace it. This is in the vicinity of the Ellsworth Elementary Middle School. We estimate the road will be closed for the next day or two.
Ellsworth Public Library
Ellsworth Public Library
The Board of Trustees is seeking a Library Director who will build upon the Library’s status as an integral part of Ellsworth, as a hub of regional use, especially to our region’s many summer residents and visitors, and as the home of the renowned Whitmore Genealogical Collection. The new Library Director is expected to appreciate the history of the library and the local community. The Director reports to the Board of Trustees and also is a City of Ellsworth Department Head.
The Board seeks applications from individuals who demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment about planning, organizing, directing and coordinating all Library functions. The Board will consider applicants who demonstrate the following:
– Degree in Library Science or Library Information Science from an accredited institution OR equivalent work experience
– Minimum of five years full-time employment, two in a supervisory position
– Experience preparing annual budget, and assisting Board of Trustees in presenting the budget to the City Council
– Strong background and skills in a broad range of current library technologies
– An ability to responsibly select Library materials
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– A ‘can do’ leadership philosophy that is cooperative and inclusive
– Knowledge of fundraising techniques, including grant sources (preference for a record of successful receipt of grant funds) for ongoing programs and for a possible building renovation and expansion project
– Documented success in collaborative endeavors with community stakeholders
– Establishment of a warm, friendly atmosphere that welcomes diversity in all ways
– Sense of humor combined with customer service attitude and skills
– Ability to evaluate the Library’s current strengths, build a vision of a stronger Library and be the keeper of that vision
– Expect and maintain a high quality of work and harmonious relations among staff, patrons, Trustees, and City of Ellsworth Staff and Council
– Work with the Friends of the Ellsworth Public Library
Standards of Performance:
Regular evaluation by the Board of Trustees
When applying online please attach a pdf copies of your cover letter and your resume.
APPLY BY MAIL
Mail paper copies of your cover letter, resume and City of Ellsworth Job Application (https://www.ellsworthmaine.gov/application) to:
City of Ellsworth
Human Resources Department
One City Hall Plaza
Ellsworth, Maine 04605
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The City of Ellsworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.