City of Ellsworth
The City of Ellsworth has an amazing opportunity for a Firefighter/EMT within our evolving Fire Department. The department is Fire/EMS system providing both fire suppression and non-transporting EMS to the City of Ellsworth. Ellsworth Firefighters work an attractive 48-96 schedule and offer a highly competitive benefit package including:
• Maine State Retirement 4C plan or option of ICMA with City match
• 11 Paid holidays.
• Paid vacation/personal time off and sick leave.
• Options for health, dental, life insurance, and short term disability.
• Pay for continuing education.
• Options for overtime pay as well as built-in OT
EMT and Class B license is preferred
Starting salary of $1006.30 a wk. ($52,327.60 annually) with pay increase on first year anniversary date.
As a Department we are focused on training, wellness and a positive culture. The City of Ellsworth is a fast growing community with its needs ever evolving. The ideal Firefighter/EMT will have experience working as both a Firefighter and EMT. Our Department is very fast paced, responding to over 1368 emergency calls in 2020 within the 94 square miles of Ellsworth’s both rural and urban settings. We work closely with neighboring communities, priding ourselves on our ability to provide and utilize mutual and automatic aid.
A full job description is available upon request.
• Possession of Maine Firefighter I or equivalent IFSAC/ ProBoard
• State of Maine EMT-B license or the ability to obtain reciprocity
• Valid Driver’s License, Class B with N tank endorsement, or ability to obtain
• Meets NIMS requirements for firefighters ( ICS 100,200,700)
• Ability to successfully pass a background investigation, and medical screening prior to employment and thereafter in intervals determined by the Ellsworth Fire Department
• Must have experience in dealing with the public, good communication and computer skills
• Must undergo an extensive written fire and ems exam, practical medical knowledge test, physical assessment.
• This is a full-time, Union position. Scheduled hours are two (2) twenty-four (24) hour shifts on, with four (4), twenty-four (24) hour shifts off (48/96).
• The employee will be required to respond after hours in the event of a first alarm or greater incident, or at the discretion of the Fire Chief.
• The employee will be required to attend required meetings and trainings, at times scheduled outside regular working hours.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following certifications:
• EMT-A (or Paramedic) license
• Firefighter II or equivalent
• Fire Instructor I or equivalent
• Fire Officer I or equivalent
Please submit application materials by November 30, 2021. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Employment applications are available at the Fire Department, or at www.ellsworthmaine.gov. To apply please submit an employment application, cover letter and resume to Human Resources, City of Ellsworth, 1 City Hall Plaza, Ellsworth, Maine 04605 or email@example.com.
The City of Ellsworth, Maine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ellsworthmaine.gov.