The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, February 08, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
In accordance with An Act To implement Provisions Necessary to the Health, Welfare and Safety of the Citizens of Maine in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, as enacted to read: Sec G-1 1 MRSA §403-A Public proceedings through remote access during declaration of State of Emergency due to COVID-19, the meeting will be held live at 1 City Hall Plaza in the City Hall Council Chambers with only the allowable number of participants according to the Governor’s executive orders. Citizens may email questions and public comments on the public hearing agenda items as well as other items this evening to Chair Dale Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to and throughout the duration of the meeting. The meeting will be broadcast live on the City of Ellsworth, Maine Facebook page and YouTube Page; as well as recorded and made available live on Spectrum Channel 1303.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of Ellsworth City Council minutes:
- 11/16/2020 Regular Council Meeting.
- 12/21/2020 Regular Council Meeting.
- 01/05/2021 Special Council Meeting.
- 01/11/2021 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
9. Council Order #122004, Request of the Facilities Manager to award a contract for purchase and complete installation of a 60KW propane Generator at the Union River Center of Innovation. (Tabled at the December 21, 2020 Regular Council meeting).
10. Council Order #122005, Discussion and action on EMS Services within the City of Ellsworth. (Tabled at the December 21, 2020 and January 11, 2021 Regular Council meetings).
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
11. Council Order #022100, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to release properties redeemed during the 30 day redemption period ending January 15, 2021 through Quit-Claim Deeds (the complete list is available in the City Clerk’s Office) and authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds.*
12. Council Order #022101, Request of the City Manager to appoint a representative and alternate to the Maine Service Center Coalition. *
13. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Colonial I, LLC d/b/a Colonial Inn, 321 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging House License.
- Atlantic Coast Inn, 200 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging House License.
- Ell Gov’s, LLC d/b/a Governor’s Restaurant, 253 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Siam Sky LLC d/b/a Siam Sky 2, 78 Downeast Highway for renewal of a City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and renewal of a State Class III and IV Restaurant Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Sanjeeva Abeyasekera d/b/a Serendib, 2 State Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
14. Discussion on the FY 22 Budgeting process. This will be a discussion only item with no action taken focusing on announcing a budgeting informational panel discussion event, encouraging public participation, and announcing a Capital Planning Committee, in addition to other components of the process. (Sponsored by Chair Hamilton)
15. Presentation on the Ellsworth Bike/Ped Trail Feasibility Study – Final Report. (Sponsored by Councilor Blanchette).