The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, November 16, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
In accordance with An Act To implement Provisions Necessary to the Health, Welfare and Safety of the Citizens of Maine in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, as enacted to read: Sec G-1 1 MRSA §403-A Public proceedings through remote access during declaration of State of Emergency due to COVID-19, the meeting will be held live at 1 City Hall Plaza in the City Hall Council Chambers with only the allowable number of participants according to the Governor’s executive orders. Citizens may email questions and public comments on the public hearing agenda items as well as other items this evening to Dale Hamilton at email@example.com prior to and throughout the duration of the meeting. The meeting will be broadcast live on the City of Ellsworth, Maine Facebook page and YouTube Page; as well as recorded and made available live on Spectrum Channel 1303.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- October 19, 2020 Regular Council Meeting. (Request to table)
- October 29, 2020 Special Council Meeting. (Request to table)
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
- Appointment of Councilors to various City Committees by the Chairman of the City Council.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Small Business Day Proclamation – November 28, 2020.
- World Aids Day Proclamation – December 1, 2020.
9. Council Order #102000, Presentation by Ellsworth Historic Preservation Commission on a Museum in the Streets project and approval to authorize the expenditure of $2,000 for this project. (Sponsored by the Planning Department) –Tabled at the October 19, 2020 Council meeting.
10. Discussion on the use of Spring Street as an extension to the biking/walking path. (Sponsored by Councilor Blanchette)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
11. Council Order #112001, Discussion and action on the request of the Branch Lake Water Steward to set the Branch Lake boat and aeroplane sticker fee at $0 for the calendar year 2021. *
12. Public hearing and action on the following business licenses: (Not needed this month)
13. Presentation/update by Jo Cooper from Friends in Action on the Senior Center.
14. Council Order #112002, Request to accept bids for the equipment at the Dr. Charles C. Knowlton Park Senior Fitness Center.
15. Council Order #112003, Request to award the contract for installation of the fitness equipment.
16. Presentation by the Code Enforcement Officer on potential amendments to the Noise, Licenses and Permits, and Property Maintenance Ordinances.
17. Council Order #112004, Request to authorize the Interim City Manager to enter into a twenty-year Bill Credit Agreement under the Maine Commercial and Institutional Customer Net Energy Billing – Tariff Rate Credit Program which will enable the City to purchase Bill Credits associated with the generation of solar power from a distributed generation solar project located in the City of Ellsworth for purposes of offsetting and lowering the cost of electricity for the City of Ellsworth and its component units.
18. Executive session to discuss consultations between a body or agency and its attorney concerning legal rights and duties of the body or agency, pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers and matters where the duties of the public body’s or agency’s counsel to the attorney’s client pursuant to the code of professional responsibility clearly conflict with this subchapter or where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the State, municipality or other public agency or person at a substantial disadvantage in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6E.