Water Main Break

January 30, 2023 – There is a water main break in the Surry Road area. All of Surry Rd. starting at Laurel St has no water, including Westwood Dr., Mountain View Dr., Hillside Dr. and Edaco Ct. After repairs are completed there will be a boil order for some customers. Further info will be posted when available.

The Ellsworth Water Department’s 
goal is to provide you with a safe and dependable supply of drinking water. We want you to understand the efforts we make to continually improve the water treatment process and protect our water resources. We are committed to ensuring the quality of your water.

  • Meet Us
  • Services
  • FAQs
  • Contact
  • Reggie Winslow

    Water Department Superintendent

    Water - Watershed Steward - John Wedin

    John Wedin

    Watershed Steward

    Amanda Kucharski

    Utilities Clerk

  • Information about Signing Up, Changing Service and Billing

    Enforces Branch Lake Water Protection Regulations

  • How do I check for a water leak?

    Make sure that nothing is running, such as the dishwasher, washing machine, faucets, etc. Check your water meter and if it is moving, then you may have a leak. If you find you have a leak, contact the water department.

    Where do I send payment for my water bill?

    Water bill payments can be mailed to 1 City Hall Plaza, Ellsworth, ME, 04605. Checks should be made payable to City of Ellsworth.

    How do I contact the water department after hours if there is an emergency?

    Contact the Ellsworth Police Department at 667-2168 and they will dispatch the Water Department.

    How can I find my water or sewer bill?

    Print bill copies and look up bill balances for water and sewer bills on our Online Services page.

    Does the city accept debit or credit cards?

    Yes, the City accepts both debit and credit cards.  The City uses Maine PayPort, a credit card / debit card processing service, there is an additional 2.5% charge to use a credit or debit card.  There are no additional fees for paying with cash or checks.

    • Name