Water Main Break

January 30, 2023 – There is a water main break in the Surry Road area. All of Surry Rd. starting at Laurel St has no water, including Westwood Dr., Mountain View Dr., Hillside Dr. and Edaco Ct. After repairs are completed there will be a boil order for some customers. Further info will be posted when available.

The Ellsworth Wastewater Department is responsible for the operation of the City’s Wastewater Treatment Facility.

Ellsworth Water Treatment Plant
86 Bayside Rd
Ellsworth, ME 04605

  • Meet Us
  • Services
  • FAQs
  • Contact
  • Richie Cohen

    Wastewater Operator

    Mike Harris - Water Superintendent

    Michael Harris

    Wastewater Superintendent

    Waste Water - Chief Operator - Ray Robidoux

    Ray Robidoux

    Chief Operator

    Tony Leighton


    Amanda Kucharski

    Utilities Clerk

    James Rushmore

    Wastewater Operator

  • Septage 

  • How I do I Report a Sewer Emergency?

    If the emergency happens during working hours please call the Treatment plant at 207-667-7315 or if you fail to get a response please call City Hall at 207-667-2563 and dial extension 130. If the emergency is after hours please call the non emergency police number that is 207-667-2168 and the dispatcher will contact a member of the Sewer Department to respond.

    How do I know if Public Sewer is available for me to connect to at my property?

    If you would like to know if public sewer is available to your property for connection please call the treatment plant at 207-667-7315 and we would be pleased let you know your options.

    How do I pay my sewer bill?

    You can send your payment to City Hall through the mail. The address is 1 City Hall Plaza Ellsworth Maine 04605. Please make checks payable to the City of Ellsworth.

    The City accepts both debit and credit cards. Debit cards can only be processed in person, and credit cards can be processed in person or over the phone. The City uses Maine PayPort, a credit card processing service, and there is an additional 2.5% charge ($1.00 minimum) to use a credit card.

    How can I find my water or sewer bill?

    Print bill copies and look up bill balances for water and sewer bills on our Online Services page.

    • Name