The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, June 19, 2023 at 6:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
Meetings will be broadcast live on:
Spectrum Channel 1303
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Rules of Order.
- Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meeting (s):
- May 8, 2023 Special Meeting Minutes
- May 15, 2023 Regular Meeting Minutes
- June 5, 2023 Special Meeting Minutes
- June 5, 2023 Emergency Meeting Minutes
- City Manager’s Report.
- Committee Reports.
- Citizens’ Comments.
- Presentation of Awards.
- Captain Shawn Willey for 20 years of dedicated service to the Ellsworth Police Department
- Chase Hardwick- HCTC Intern with Public Works
- Discussion to broadcast Finance Committee Meetings (Sponsored by Hanson from 5/15/2023)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
- Council Order #062300, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to set the real estate and personal property tax due dates at September 14, 2023 and March 14, 2024. * **
- Council Order #062301, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for an Order of the Municipal Officers on the application of real estate and personal property tax payments. This order will allow for the Tax Collector and Treasurer to apply tax payments against the oldest unpaid tax bills. * **
- Public hearing and action on the application (s) for new or renewal for the following license (s):
- Pavida Visetrut Young d/b/a Thai Sana, 321 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and renewal of a State Restaurant Malt and Vinous (Class III and IV) Liquor License. **
- Sugar Mags Central LLC, dba Sugar Mags 142A Main Street for renewal of a City Class A (Amusement, food, arcade) and mobile vending **
- Zeppa’s NY Pizza, 92 Water Street, for renewal of a City Class C (liquor, Victualer) and renewal of State liquor license (class III and IV). **
- Fogtown Brewing, 25 Pine Street, for renewal of a City Class B license (liquor, Victualer, amusement) and renewal of State Brewing license. **
- LJN LLC dba Forest Ridge Campground, 40 Flockamoosen Way for a new City Lodging license. **
13. Council Order #062302, Appointment of City Officials by the City Council.
14. Council Order #062303, Approval of City Manager’s appointments.
a. Reappointments. **
15. Council Order #062304, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to set the interest rate at 6% on overdue taxes. **
16. Public hearing and action on Budget Resolutions for FY 2024. **
17. Discussion regarding Franklin Street Parklet (Sponsored by Hanson).
18. Discussion regarding a request to the Hancock County Commissioners for ARPA funding (Sponsored by Hanson).
19. Appointment of an Arbor Commission (Sponsored by Hanson).
20. Councilor Comments.