Tuesday, May 16 at 8:00 a.m.
The Ellsworth Recreation Commission will meet on Tuesday May 16, 2023, at 8:00AM at City Hall to conduct a site visit for the recreational assets described below.
- Assessment and catalogue of recreational assets in the City of Ellsworth.
- Downtown Main Street Recreation (The Grand, Franklin Street Parklet, Merrill Park, S.K. Whiting Park)
- Ellsworth Harbor Park
- Indian Point Reserve
- Jordan Homestead Preserve
- Stanwood Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sunrise Trail Terminus
- Ellsworth High School (Whitney Property, baseball field, tennis court)
- Rail Trail Terminus (next to Sunrise Glass)
- Demeyer Field Complex
- Branch Lake Public Forest
- Downtown State Street Recreation (Track/baseball Courts, YMCA, Knowlton Park, The Moore Center, Donald Little Park, Riverwalk)
- Woodlawn Museum
- Notes regarding procedure:
- Topics of conversation will be limited to the physical attributes of the asset and repairs/maintenance/or possible future improvements to the asset. No other business will be discussed.
- Public is welcome to join on these stops, however the Rec Commission will provide a full debrief at their next regularly scheduled meeting date.
- Minutes of this assessment will also be provided by the City.