The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, May 15, 2023 at 6:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
Meetings will continue to be broadcast live on the City of Ellsworth, Maine Facebook page and YouTube Page; as well as recorded and made available live on Spectrum Channel 1303.
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Rules of Order.
- Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meetings:
- March 20, 2023 Regular Meeting Minutes
- April 10, 2023 Regular Meeting Minutes
- April 25, 2023 Special Council Meeting Minutes
- City Manager’s Report.
- Committee Reports.
- Citizens’ Comments.
- Presentation of Awards.
- Jason Ingalls for 15 years with the City of Ellsworth as the Information Technology Director
- Proclamation Pride Month
- Proclamation for National Public Works Week May 21-May 27, 2023
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
NEW BUSINESS (** denotes backup material included)
9. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Shinbashi Inc. d/b/a Shinbashi Restaurant, 139 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License. **
- Giri Ellsworth Inc., d/b/a Ramada by Wyndham Ellsworth, 215 High Street for renewal of a City Lodging License **
- Brian Langley d/b/a Union River Lobster Pot, 8 South Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License. **
- Douglas J. Kiehm and Racheal E. Wallace d/b/a Homestead Motel and Cottages, 143 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License. **
- Cresswell Investments LLC d/b/a Airline Brewing Company, 173 Main Street for renewal of a City Class B (Victualer, Liquor and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class II and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License. **
- Crazy Sumo LLC d/b/a Crazy Sumo, 75 High Street for a renewal of a City Class C license (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant Class A Restaurant/Lounge. **
- Wedge LLC DBA The Breakroom, 248 State Street for a renewal of a City Class C license (Victualer and Liquor) and State Restaurant Class I, II, III and IV Liquor license. **
- Ellsworth No. 1 LLC, DBA Hampton Inn, 215 High Street for a renewal of a City lodging license. **
- Twin Hill cottages of Acadia, 210 Twin Hill Road, for a renewal of a City lodging license. **
- Manny’s Greek Grill, 248 State Street, for a renewal of a City Class C License and renewal of a state liquor license Class I, II, III, IV. **
10. Public hearing and action on repeal and replacing the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 33 Floodplain Management Ordinance with updates through December 31, 2022 and effective date of June 1, 2023. **
11. Public hearing and action to amend the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 31 Recreation Commission Ordinance to modify the number of members from 8 plus an alternate to 7 members to be effective immediately. **
12. Council Order #052300, Request of the Public Works Director to enter into an agreement with Haley Ward for the construction phase inspection for the Christian Ridge Road project. **
13. Council Order #052301, Request of the Fire Chief to accept the $1,239,537.50 FEMA Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Regional Grant Program for the Recruitment and Retention of Volunteer Firefighters. **
14. Presentation to update the City Council and public on the recent work of the City’s Broadband Committee.
15. Review, Discussion and possible action to send the municipal budget to the voters (Sponsored by O’Halloran)
16. Presentation on Maine Big Night (Sponsored by Hanson)
17. Discussion to broadcast Finance Committee Meetings (Sponsored by Hanson)