The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, June 20, 2016 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meeting (s):
- May 16, 2016 Regular Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Presentation of a Letter of Commendation to a citizen by Police Chief Bickmore.
- Michael Hangge, for thirty years of service with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #061600, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to set the real estate and personal property tax due dates at September 08, 2016 and March 9, 2017. *
10. Council Order #061601, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for an Order of the Municipal Officers on the application of real estate and personal property tax payments. This order will allow for the Tax Collector and Treasurer to apply tax payments against the oldest unpaid tax bills. *
11. Council Order #061602, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
12. Council Order #061603, Review and acceptance of the results from the City of Ellsworth School Budget Validation Municipal Referendum Election on June 14, 2016. *
13. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for new or renewal for the following license (s):
- Douglas J. Kiehm and Racheal E. Wallace d/b/a Homestead Motel and Cottages, 143 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
Martin & Ware Inc d/b/a Central Maine Pyrotechnics Pyro City Maine d/b/a Pyro City Maine Fireworks Store, 328 Bucksport Road, for a renewal of a City Consumer Fireworks Retail Sales License.
- Joseph A. Lusardi d/b/a Maine Organic Therapy, 9 Carriage Road, for renewal of a Medical Marijuana Dispensary License including a City Victualer License.
- Ellsworth No. 1, LLC, d/b/a Hampton Inn – Ellsworth, 6 Downeast Highway, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Ellsworth RI, LLC, d/b/a Ellsworth Ramada, 215 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Pavida Visetrut Young d/b/a Thai Sana, 321 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (victualer and liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant License (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
14. Public hearing and action on a request to waive the paving requirements on an access road at 431 Main Street (Tax Map/Lot: 35/8) as required in City of Ellsworth Chapter 56 Unified Development Ordinance Article 9: Street Design and Construction Standards. (Sponsored by Chairman Crosthwaite)
15. Public hearing and action on proposed amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 39 Historic Preservation Ordinance, Appendix I – Designated Historic Sites and Landmarks.
16. Council Order #061604, Appointment of City Officials by the City Council.
17. Council Order #061605, Approval of City Manager’s appointments.
18. Public hearing and action on Council Order #061606: Authorization for Tax Anticipation Borrowing ($2,500,000).
19. Public hearing and action on Council Order #061607: Order authorizing the issuance of up to $1,400,000 of the City’s General Obligation Bonds to replenish the City’s General Fund.
20. Council Order #061608, Request of the Finance Director for approval to encumber certain appropriation accounts.
21. Council Order #061609, Request of the Finance Director for approval to adjust the FY 2016 estimated appropriations and revenues.
22. Public hearing and action on Budget Resolutions for FY 2017.
23. Council Order #061610: Request of the Superintendent to place $17,500 from the undesignated balance of the Ellsworth School Department in a capital reserve account for the replacement of school department refrigeration equipment.
24. Council Order #061611, Request of the Tax Collector to set the interest rate on overdue taxes.
25. Council Order #061612, Request of the Finance Director to extend Sludge Composting Services.
26. Council Order #061613, Request of the Finance Director to approve an agreement with Ellsworth Demo Disposal, Inc. for the acceptance of demolition debris and wood waste.
27. Council Order #061614, Request of the Finance Director to reconsider a lease agreement contract for Harbor Concessions at the Ellsworth Harbor.