The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, January 14, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 11/19/2018 Regular Council Meeting.
- 12/17/2018 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #011900, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for approval of a Real Estate Purchase Installment Contract (REPIC) between the City of Ellsworth and Peter Cabanillas. *
10. Council Order #011901, Request of the Harbor Commission to accept a resignation letter from Arthur G. Corliss, Jr. with a term to expire on June 30, 2021. *
11. Council Order #011902, Request of the Harbor Commission to appoint F. Mark Whittaker from an alternate Harbor Commission member to a full Harbor Commission member with the City of Ellsworth Harbor Commission, term to expire on June 30, 2021. *
12. Council Order #011903, Appointment of Melissa Garland as the Ellsworth representative on the Frenchman Bay Regional Shellfish Committee. *
13. Council Order #011904, Request of the Recreation Commission to accept a resignation letter from Morgan Sarro with a term to expire on June 30, 2019. *
14. Council Order #011905, Request of the Housing Authority to appoint Jefferson Clark to the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority Board, term to expire on January 01, 2024. *
15. Council Order #011906, Request of the Housing Authority to appoint Eleanor Jones to the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority Board, term to expire January 01, 2024. *
16. Council Order #011907, Request of the Housing Authority to appoint Raymond Williams to the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority Board, term to expire January 01, 2024. *
17. Council Order #011908, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on properties redeemed during the 30 Day Redemption Period and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
18. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for issuance of the following business license (s):
- Jeff & Diane Kelly-Lokocz D/B/A 86This!,125 Main Street, to upgrade from a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) License to a City Class B (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- GC Pizza Hut, LLC d/b/a Pizza Hut, 211 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) License and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class IV) Malt Liquor License.
- Susan Scherbel d/b/a Dyon’s, 35 Eastward Lane, for renewal of a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) License and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- The Grand, 165 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Other (Auditorium/Theatre) Class III and IV Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Sidelines Sports Bar, 367 State Street Unit A, for a new City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and a new State Restaurant/Lounge (Class XI) Malt, Vinous, Spirituous Liquor License.
19. Council Order #011909, Request of the Police Chief to approve the Regional Communication Center Third Shift Dispatch Services Agreement between the Hancock County Commissioners and the City of Ellsworth.
20. Council Order #011910, Request of the Fire Chief to approve a lease for twenty-six (26) Scott X3Pro Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) units and a Scott Revolve Air Fill Station, and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
21. Council Order #011911, Request of the Deputy City Manager to award a $3,055,400 General Obligation Bond (GOB) for various projects that were previously financed through bond anticipation notes.
22. Council Order #011912, Request of the Finance Director to withdraw $32,000 from the Capital Reserve Account to reimburse costs of an officer’s training at the Police Academy.
23. Executive Session to discuss labor contracts in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
City Council Meeting Packet 1-14-19