The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
• 08/19/2019 Regular Council Meeting.
• 08/26/2019 Special Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #091901, Request of the City Clerk for approval on the time polling places open for the November 5, 2019 State of Maine Referendum Election and City of Ellsworth Municipal Election as 8:00 AM. *
10. Council Order #091902, Request of the City Clerk for appointment of Wardens and Ward Clerks for the four voting districts within the City of Ellsworth for the November 5, 2019 State of Maine Referendum Election and City of Ellsworth Municipal Election. *
11. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for the following license (s):
• Hane Yee, Inc., d/b/a China Hill Restaurant, 301 High Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, Vinous Liquor License.
• Joseph A. Lusardi d/b/a Maine Organic Therapy, 3 Myrick Street – Suite B, for renewal of a Medical Marijuana Dispensary License including a City Victualer License.
• Provender, LLC d/b/a Provender, 112 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV), Malt, Spirituous and Vinous liquor License.
• Eastward Bowling Lanes Inc., d/b/a Acadia Bowling Bar & Grill, 25 Eastward Lanes, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Arcade) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
12. Council Order #091903, Request of the Public Works Director to approve a contract with Josh Wellman from DM&J Disposal for food waste collection at the Transfer Station.
13. Council Order #091904, Request of the Public Works Director to award a proposal for the replacement and installation of overhead doors at the Transfer Station.
14. Council Order #091905, Request of the Public Works Director to apply for a DEP Stream Crossing Culvert Grant.
15. Council Order #091906, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent for approval to purchase a pavement cutter with remaining funds in the Wastewater Construction Account.
16. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 36, General Assistance Ordinance.
17. Council Order #091907, Request to approve a contract between the City of Ellsworth and Northern Light Medical Transport that provides quarters at the Ellsworth Fire Department and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
18. Council Order #091908, Discussion and action on the request of the Deputy City Manager on behalf of the residents for acceptance of Alexis Way located within Deer Meadow Subdivision based on the approval criteria set forth in the adopted Road Acceptance Policy.