The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, June 17, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meeting (s):
- May 20, 2019 Regular Meeting.
- June 07, 2019 Special Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Allegra Pellerano, for five years of service with the Ellsworth Public Library.
- Presentation of the Patriot Award through the Employee Support for the Guard & Reserve to Chief Tupper, Captain Clark and Captain Dorr.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #061901, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to set the real estate and personal property tax due dates at September 12, 2019 and March 12, 2020. *
10. Council Order #061902, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for an Order of the Municipal Officers on the application of real estate and personal property tax payments. This order will allow for the Tax Collector and Treasurer to apply tax payments against the oldest unpaid tax bills. *
11. Council Order #061903, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
12. Council Order #061904, Request of the City Clerk for review and acceptance of the results from the June 11, 2019 City of Ellsworth School Budget Validation Special Municipal Referendum Election on June 11, 2019. *
13. Council Order #061905, Request of the City Assessor for abatement of FY 2017 taxes assessed to Hazel & Carl Williams, Munis ID# 230370, in the amount of $91.83 plus interest and fees. *
14. Council Order #061906, Request of the City Assessor for abatement of FY 2018 taxes assessed to Thirty-Four Herrick, Inc., Munis ID# 40900, in the amount of $186.14 plus interest and fees. *
15. Council Order #061907, Request of the City Assessor for abatement of FY 2016 taxes assessed to JE Harris Contractor, Inc., Munis ID# 100019, in the amount of $3,117.28 plus interest and fees. *
16. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for new or renewal for the following license (s):
- Douglas J. Kiehm and Racheal E. Wallace d/b/a Homestead Motel and Cottages, 143 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Martin & Ware Inc d/b/a Central Maine Pyrotechnics Pyro City Maine d/b/a Pyro City Maine Fireworks Store, 328 Bucksport Road, for a renewal of a City Consumer Fireworks Retail Sales License.
- Charles B. & Ariela L. Zucker d/b/a Twilite Motel, 147 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Manny’s Greek Grill, LLC, 248 State Street Suite N for renewal of a City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Pavida Visetrut Young d/b/a Thai Sana, 321 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and renewal of a State Restaurant Malt and Vinous (Class III and IV) Liquor License.
- Luhrs Empire Inc. d/b/a DragonFire, 248 State Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Arcade < 12 devices) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
17. Council Order #061908, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to set the interest rate on overdue taxes.
18. Council Order #061909, Appointment of City Officials by the City Council.
19. Council Order #061910, Approval of City Manager’s appointments.
20. Council Order #061911, Request of the Public Works Director to award the bid for the Supply of Roll-off Rental Containers and Transportation of Municipal Solid Waste bid.
21. Council Order #061912, Request of the Public Works Director to award a bid for the Harbor Tank Upgrade Project, and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
22. Public hearing and action on Council Order #061913: Authorization for Tax Anticipation Borrowing ($2,000,000).
23. Public hearing and action on Council Order #061914, a proposed change to the City of Ellsworth Official Land Use Map. The proposal is to consider rezoning land currently in the Commercial Zoning District (and one parcel in the Rural Zoning District) to the Urban Zoning District.
24. Public hearing and action on Budget Resolutions for FY 2020.
25. Council Order #061915, Request to accept grant funding from the Maine Technology Institute to provide ongoing support for the Union River Center for Innovation.
26. Council Order #061916, Request to approve committing undesignated funds from the Ellsworth School Department’s Fund Balance to a Capital Reserve Account for future Capital Improvement needs.
27. Council Order #061917, Request of the City Manager to extend the contract for Lawn Treatment Services at City Hall, Merrill Park, SK Whiting Park, Harbor Park, Triangle at Demeyer, Wilson Field, and Demeyer Fields 1-3 with Goodall Landscaping.
28. Council Order #061918, Request to appoint Tammy Mote as the Acting City Manager and authorize her to conduct business as necessary during the City Manager’s absence due to a vacation from July 3, 2019 – July 16, 2019.
29. Council Order #061919, Request of the City Manager to extend the contract for Knowlton Park Mowing and Grounds Maintenance Services with Goodall Landscaping.