The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, March 18, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of Ellsworth City Council minutes:
- 02/04/2019 Special meeting.
- 02/11/2019 Regular meeting.
- 03/08/2019 Special meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #031901, Reservation of the City of Ellsworth’s right to harvest alewives. *
10. Council Order #031902, Request of the City Manager to hold a Special Municipal School Budget Validation Referendum Election on June 11, 2019, for the purpose of validating the school budget and inquiring if this process should continue for another three years. *
11. Council Order #031903, Request of the Harbor Commission to appoint Jon Noll as a Harbor Commission member with the City of Ellsworth Harbor Commission, term to expire on June 30, 2021. *
12. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
• Atlantic Coast Inn (formerly known as Primavera Inn), 200 High Street, for renewal of a Lodging House License.
• Morse, LLC d/b/a Tag’s Sports Bar 248 State Street Suite 4 for renewal of a City Class A License (Amusement, Liquor, Arcade and Victualer) and renewal of a State Class XI, Restaurant/Lounge Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
• Josies Country Store d/b/a Josies Country Store 126 Surry Road for renewal of a City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and a new State Class III and IV Restaurant Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
13. Council Order #031904, Request of the City Manager for authorization to amend the Cooperative Agreement with Maine Department of Transportation under the Small Harbors Improvements Program to fund upgrades to the fuel tank system at Harbor Park previously approved as Council Order #011808; including additional city matching funds to come from unspent Bond Proceeds.
14. Council Order #031905, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to award bids for tax-acquired property.
15. Council Order #031906, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to offer for sale by public sale timeshare units located at Acadia Village Resort, acquired by non-payment of real estate taxes. (Complete list available at the City Clerk’s Department)
16. Public hearing and action on amendments to the Ellsworth Water Department Terms & Conditions.
17. Council Order #031907, Request of the Finance Director to write off uncollectible water account balances, per spreadsheet available in the City Clerk’s Department.
18. Council Order #031908, Request of the Harbor Commission to amend the Harbor Fee Schedule.
19. Council Order #031909, Request of the City Manager for approval to sign a Memorandum of Agreement between the City of Ellsworth and the Downeast Salmon Federation for removal of the Branch Lake Stream Dam.
20. Council Order #031910, Request to approve a construction overlimit permit for MaineDOT to move construction equipment, material, objects or loads in excess of legal limits over ways maintained by the City of Ellsworth in support of construction operations for a specific projects to be named by MaineDOT in the near future.
21. Council Order #031911, Discussion and action on the Clam Warden position for the Frenchman Bay Shellfish Program.
22. Public hearing and action on Council Order #031912: Amending Order #081706, as previously amended by Order #041810 to Reallocate Unspent Bonds Proceeds to Harbor Walk Trail Connection Project.
23. Executive Session to discuss labor negotiations between the City of Ellsworth and the Ellsworth Highway Department Unit, Local #327, Massachusetts and Northern New England Labors’ District Council in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
24. Council Order #031913, Action on proposed contract between the City of Ellsworth and the Ellsworth Highway Department Unit, Local #327, Massachusetts and Northern New England Labors’ District Council.