Originally scheduled for 2/13/2017 (postponed due to inclement weather)
The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Friday, February 24, 2017 at 8:15 AM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of Ellsworth City Council minutes:
01/09/2017 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Presentation of Firefighter of the year award by Fire Chief.
- Heidi-Noёl Grindle, for 20 years of service with the City of Ellsworth.
- Recognition of the Waste Water Treatment Facility for having been selected by the New England Water Environment Association (NEWEA) to receive its 2016 Wastewater Utility Award.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #021700, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds.*
10. Council Order #021701, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to release properties redeemed during the 30 day redemption period ending January 20, 2017 through Quit-Claim Deeds (the complete list is available in the City Clerk’s Office) and authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds.*
11. Council Order #021702, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for approval of a Real Estate Purchase Installment Contract (REPIC) between the City of Ellsworth and Allan Linscott. *
12. Council Order #021703, Request of the Recreation Commission to accept a resignation letter from Will Houston with a term to expire on June 30, 2018. *
13. Council Order #021704, Request of the City Manager to appoint a representative and alternate to the Maine Service Center Coalition. *
14. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Alicia Soutthivong d/b/a Bangkok Restaurant, Inc., 78 Downeast Highway, for a renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer/Liquor/Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Liquor License (Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous).
- Ell Gov’s, LLC d/b/a Governor’s Restaurant, 253 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Sanjeeva Abeyasekera d/b/a Serendib, 2 State Street, for a new City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and a new State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Dana Cassidy d/b/a Colonial Inn, 321 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
15. Council Order #021705, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to offer for sale by sealed bid various properties that have been acquired for non-payment of real estate taxes. (Complete list available at the City Clerk’s Department).
16. Council Order #021706, Request to authorize the City Manager to execute an agreement with PERC for the disposal of municipal solid waste after April 2018.
17. Council Order #021707, Request of the IT Systems Administrator to purchase a new traffic light detection camera.
18. Council Order #021708, Request of the City Manager to approve and execute an agreement between the City of Ellsworth and the Maine Department of Transportation for Project No. NHPP-2199(800) and Project No. STP-2205 (200) – Ultra Thin Bonded Wearing Surface and authorize the City Manager to sign the City of Ellsworth’s Heavy Loads Exemption Permit.