The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, August 15, 2016 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council: 07/18/2016 Regular Monthly Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Teri Linscott, for five years of service with the Ellsworth Police Department.
- John Wedin, for ten years of service with the Ellsworth Water Department.
- Chad Wilmot, for fifteen years of service with the Ellsworth Police Department.
- Dorothy Small, for thirty-five years of service with the Ellsworth Police Department.
- Presentation of letters of Commendation to various Ellsworth Police Officers.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #081603, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to initiate civil actions in the name of the City of Ellsworth for the purpose of collecting delinquent personal property taxes. *
10. Council Order #081604, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
11. Council Order #081605, Request of the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority for confirmation of the reappointment of Elizabeth Martell as a tenant representative to the Ellsworth Housing Authority Board with a term to expire of September 2020. *
12. Public hearing and action on the application for the following licenses:
- Jennifer Goodrich Wing d/b/a Peppers Pub Inc., 20 Water Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Amusement, Victualer, and Alcohol) and renewal of a State Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Class XI Restaurant/Lounge Liquor License.
- Melanie Omlor-Fox d/b/a Helen’s Restaurant of Ellsworth, 55 Downeast Highway, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Alcohol) and renewal of a State (Class I, II, III, IV) Restaurant Liquor License.
- John Morse d/b/a Tag’s Sports Bar, 248 State Street Suite 4, for renewal of a City Class A License (food, liquor, arcade (pool tables), and amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant/Lounge (Class XI) Malt, Spirituous, Vinous Liquor License.
- Barb & Kevin Buza d/b/a Silver Saints Sanctuary, 33 Birch Avenue, for a new City Lodging License.
- Paul Linscott d/b/a Eastward Bowling Lanes and Eastward Lunch, 25 Eastward Lane Suite 6, for a new City Class B License (Arcade over 12 units, Victualer, and Alcohol) and new State Restaurant Malt and Vinous (Class III and IV) Liquor License.
13. Council Order #081606, Request to rescind Council Order #121503, acceptance of land on the Happytown Road (Map 099 Lot 019-003-000) from Thomas E. Gross and Rhona W. Gross.
14. Council Order #081607, Request of the Public Works Director to award the hot bituminous asphalt contract for maintenance paving.
15. Council Order #081608, Request of the Police Chief to award a bid for (4) four new 2017 police cruisers and associated equipment.
16. Council Order #081609, Request of the Finance Director to withdraw funds from the Police Department Reserve Account for the purchase of (8) eight rifles and associated equipment for the Ellsworth Police Department.
17. Public hearing and action on Council Order #081610, the establishment of a proposed Affordable Housing Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District and Development Program.
18. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 5, Sewer Ordinance, Article 10, section 1008: Abatements.
19. Council Order #081611, Request of the City Manager to accept the proposal for construction administration and inspection services from Hedefine Engineering & Design, Inc for the Forrest Avenue Extension Construction project.
20. Executive Session to discuss labor contracts in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
21. Council Order #081612, Discussion and action on the item from the executive session.