The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, February 12, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of Ellsworth City Council minutes:
- 12/18/2017 Regular Council Meeting.
- 01/08/2018 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Presentation of Firefighter of the year award by Fire Chief.
- Edmund Murray, for twenty-five years of service with the Ellsworth Public Library.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #021800, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds.*
10. Council Order #021801, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to release properties redeemed during the 30 day redemption period ending January 11, 2018 through Quit-Claim Deeds (the complete list is available in the City Clerk’s Office) and authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds.*
11. Council Order #021802, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for approval of a Real Estate Purchase Installment Contract (REPIC) between the City of Ellsworth and Tammy Carter. *
12. Council Order #021803, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for approval of a Real Estate Purchase Installment Contract (REPIC) between the City of Ellsworth and Robert Snow. *
13. Council Order #021804, Request of the Recreation Commission to appoint Tammy Mote as a member to the Recreation Commission term to expire June 30, 2019. *
14. Council Order #021805, Request of the City Manager to appoint a representative and alternate to the Maine Service Center Coalition. *
15. Council Order #021806, Request of the Housing Authority to appoint Jarad Wilbur to the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority Board, term to expire 01/01/2023. *
16. Council Order #021807, Request of the Board of Appeals to appoint Michelle Begin (currently an Associate Board Member) as a Full Board Member, term to expire 06/30/2022. *
17. Council Order #021808, Request of the Board of Appeals to appoint Jarad Wilbur as an Associate Board Member, term to expire 06/30/2019. *
18. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Ell Gov’s, LLC d/b/a Governor’s Restaurant, 253 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Sanjeeva Abeyasekera d/b/a Serendib, 2 State Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
19. Council Order #021809, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to offer for sale by sealed bid various properties that have been acquired for non-payment of real estate taxes. (Complete list available at the City Clerk’s Department).
20. Council Order #021810, Request of the City Manager to accept conveyance of a parcel of land from the Ellsworth American to the City of Ellsworth for the purpose of facilitating parking lot improvements within the Water Street area.
21. Council Order #021811, Request of the City Manager to accept a proposal from Prock Marine for emergency structural repairs to the marine facilities and supporting structures at Harbor Park.
22. Public hearing and action on amendments to the Ellsworth Water Department Terms and Conditions.
23. Council Order #021812, Request of the Water Superintendent for acceptance of a private water main as a city owned and operated water main and associated easements as part of the Beckwith Pines Housing project.
24. Council Order #021813, Request of the Police Chief to designate Knowlton Park, Harbor Park, Demeyer Field Complex, and Moore Community Center as a Safe Zone.
25. Executive Session to discuss labor contracts in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
26. Council Order #021814, Discussion and action on the item from the executive session.