The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, January 08, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 12/18/2017 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
9. Public hearing and action on proposed amendments to Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 5 Sewer Ordinance. (Formal public hearing was held on December 18, 2017.)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
10. Council Order #011800, Request of the Finance Director to accept payments on tax acquired time share units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
- 11. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for issuance of the following business license (s):
Jeff & Diane Kelly-Lokocz D/B/A 86This!,125 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) License and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- GC Pizza Hut, LLC d/b/a Pizza Hut, 211 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C (Liquor and Victualer) License and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class IV) Malt Liquor License.
- Susan Scherbel d/b/a Dyon’s, 35 Eastward Lane, for renewal of a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) License and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
12. Council Order #011801, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent for approval of a Special Exemption for the Beckwith Pines Housing project per the Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 5, Sewer Ordinance.
13. Council Order #011802, Request of the City Manager to confirm the appointment of Reggie Winslow as the new Ellsworth Water Department Superintendent.
14. Council Order #011803, Appointment of an Interim Treasurer by the City Council.
15. Council Order #011804, Request of the City Manager to confirm the appointment of an Interim Finance Director.
16. Council Order #011805, Appointment of an Interim Tax Collector by the City Council.
17. Council Order #011806, Request of the Finance Director to award a $1,100,000 Bond Anticipation Note (BAN).
18. Council Order #011807, Request of the Police Chief to authorize the promotion of two patrol officers to the rank of Corporal.
19. Council Order #011808, Request of the City Manager for authorization to enter into a cooperative agreement with Maine Department of Transportation under the Small Harbors Improvements Program to fund upgrades to the fuel tank system at Harbor Park.