The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, May 16, 2022 at 6:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
Meetings will continue to be broadcast live on the City of Ellsworth, Maine Facebook page and YouTube Page; as well as recorded and made available live on Spectrum Channel 1303.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meetings:
- April 18,2022 Regular Meeting
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
NEW BUSINESS (** denotes backup material included)
9. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Shinbashi Inc. d/b/a Shinbashi Restaurant, 139 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License. **
- AR-CH LLC d/b/a Twilite Motel, 147 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License. **
- Giri Ellsworth Inc., d/b/a Ramada by Wyndham Ellsworth, 215 High Street for renewal of a City Lodging License **
- Brian Langley d/b/a Union River Lobster Pot, 8 South Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License. **
- Douglas J. Kiehm and Racheal E. Wallace d/b/a Homestead Motel and Cottages, 143 Bucksport Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License. **
- Ellsworth Casa Jalisco LLC d/b/a Casa Jalisco, 205 High Street for new City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and new State Restaurant (Class I, II, III and IV) Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License **
- Cresswell Investments LLC d/b/a Airline Brewing Company, 173 Main Street for renewal of a City Class B (Victualer, Liquor and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class II and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License. **
- American Dream Restaurants LLC d/b/a Pizza Hut, 211 High Street for new City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and new State Restaurant (Class I, II, III and IV) Malt License **
- Flex It Café and Bakery, 142 Main Street for a new City Class C license (Victualer and Mobile Vending Unit) **
- Crazy Sumo LLC d/b/a Crazy Sumo, 75 High Street for a new City Class C license (Victualer and Liquor) and New State Restaurant Class A Restaurant/Lounge. **
- 151 Main LLC d/b/a Riverside Café, 151 Main Street, for a new City Class C license (Victualer and Liquor) and New State Restaurant Class I, II, III, IV Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License **
10. Public hearing and action on Council Order #050001, the Ellsworth School Budget Resolutions for FY 2023.
a. Order Approving State/Local EPS Funding Allocation for Public Education from Kindergarten to Grade 12 for Ellsworth Schools for FY2023.
b. Order Approving Non-State Funded School Construction Debt Service For Ellsworth Schools For FY2023.
c. Order Raising And Appropriating Additional Local Funds For Ellsworth Schools For FY2023.
d. Order Approving Total School Operating Budget for Ellsworth Schools for FY2023.
e. Order Appropriating And Raising Funds For Adult Education For FY 2023 As Required By The Maine Revised Statues, Title 20-A M.R.S.A. §8603-A (1).
f. Order Raising Local Funds for Food Service in the Ellsworth Public Schools for FY2023.
g. Order Authorizing Expenditure of Grants and Other Receipts for School Department Programs.
h. Order Authorizing Disposition of Additional State Funding for Public Schools for FY2023 in the event of an increase.
11. Public hearing, discussion, and action on the adoption of a new ordinance entitled the Overnight Mooring and Anchorage Control Ordinance. **
12. Council Order #051602, Request of the Police Chief to allow the Finance Director to deposit forfeited funds into the Police Forfeiture Reserve Account **
13. Council Order #051603, Request of the Public Works Director to award the Red Bridge Road culvert replacement project engineering **
14. Presentation by Green Ellsworth on Budget Considerations (sponsored by Hanson)
15. Executive Session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. § 405 (6) D to discuss labor negotiations between the City of Ellsworth and the Ellsworth Police Association (affiliated with the Maine Association of Police-MAP)