The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, April 10, 2023 at 6:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
AGENDA – CC
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meetings:
- March 20, 2023
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
• Promotion of Firefighter/EMT Benjamin Freedman to Captain by Chief Scott Guillerault and Deputy Chief Doug Belletete with Mrs. Freedman.
• SKILLSUSA presentations for Gold Medal winners
• Quentin Stone, Action Skills
• Rylee Dorr, Basic Health Care Skills
• Olivia McAllian, Career Pathways Humanities
• Callie Chase, Career Pathways Humanities
• Isabell Catheron, Career Pathways Humanities
• Mercedes Taungatu’a, Criminal Justice Quiz Bowl
• William Hileman, Criminal Justice Quiz Bowl
• Jozef York, Criminal Justice Quiz Bowl
• Dylon Pung, Criminal Justice Quiz Bowl
• Teiya Fountaine, Criminal Justice Quiz Bowl
• Guinevere Tibbetts, Culinary Arts
• Emma Brezovksy, Early Childhood Education
• Spencer Laurendeau, Employability Quiz
• Navaeh Becker, Extemporaneous Speaking
• Mayson Smith, Nurse Assisting
• Taylor Mason, Prepared Speech
• Oakley Bench, Restaurant Service
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Request of the Tax Collector to accept payments on a Real Estate Purchase Installment Contract (REPIC) for 9 Baron Lane Map 102 Lot 020-001-002 and to authorize the City Manager to Release said property through a Municipal Quit Claim Deed. * **
10. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Cresswell Investments LLC d/b/a Finn’s Irish Pub, 156 Main Street, for new City Class B License (Amusement, Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt, Vinous Liquor License. **
11. Request of the Economic Development Director and Public Works Director to authorize the City Manager to enter into an agreement with VHB, Inc. for professional engineering and design services related to the Ellsworth Multiuse Pathway project. **
12. Council Order #042300, request of the Deputy Police Chief to update Appendix A ‘Towing Fee Schedule’ of Chapter 48 Rotational Towing fee schedule. **
13. Council Order #042301, request of the Public Works Director to approve an excavator lease agreement for a term of up to 6 months. **
14. Council Order #042302, request of the Code Officer to continue the legal process on 16 Central Street as an abandoned property and placing additional tax on the lot to recoup costs incurred by the City. **
15. Council Order #042303, request of the Facilities Director to award a contract for mulching **
16. Discussion on Ellsworth’s “Opting-In” to recreational marijuana, and associated barriers & regulations. Presentation from Maine Office of Cannabis Policy, Ellsworth Code Enforcement, Heather Florio ‘Desert Harvest’ and New World Organics. (Sponsored by Stein)
17. Discussion and action to enforce the performance standards in accordance with Chapter 56 Unified Development Ordinance, section 801.3. (Sponsored by O’Halloran)
18. Councilor Comments
19. Executive Session in accordance with 1 MRSA § 405 (6)a to discuss a Code of Ethics complaint against a public official.
20. Discussion and potential action on Code of Ethics complaint against a public official.
** Agenda items with backup material.
* ** Consent Agenda items with backup material.