The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, August 16, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
Meetings will be broadcast live on:
Spectrum Channel 1303
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 07/19/2021 Regular Monthly Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Chad Wilmot, for twenty years of service with the Ellsworth Police Department.
- John Wedin, for fifteen years of service with the Ellsworth Water Department.
- Joshua Steward, for five years of service with the Ellsworth Police Department.
- Cale Roberts, for five years of service with the City of Ellsworth.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #082100, Request of the Tax Collector/Deputy Treasurer to initiate civil actions in the name of the City of Ellsworth for the purpose of collecting delinquent personal property taxes. *
10. Council Order #082101, Request of the Recreation Commission to accept a resignation letter from Nicholas Turner with a term to expire on June 30, 2022. *
11. Council Order #082102, Request of the Recreation Commission to appoint Kimberly Fitch as a member of the Commission with a term to expire on June 30, 2023. *
12. Public hearing and action on the application for the following licenses:
• Margs Mex Ellsworth, LLC d/b/a Margaritas Ellsworth, 191 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Amusement, Liquor, Victualer) and renewal of a State Class A Restaurant/Lounge Malt Liquor, Wine, Spirits (Class XI) Liquor License.
• Acadia Area Restaurant Group Holding Inc., d/b/a Pat’s Pizza Ellsworth, 396 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant Malt Liquor, Wine, Spirits (Class I, II, III, IV) Liquor License.
• Maine Organic Therapy d/b/a Curaleaf Maine, 3 Myrick Street – Suite B, for renewal of a Medical Marijuana Dispensary License including a City Victualer License.
13. Presentation of the Annual Update by Michael McKernan, Director, Government and Community Relations – Maine for the Jackson Laboratory. (Sponsored by Chair Hamilton)
14. Council Order #082103, Request of the Public Works Director to accept the Mineral Screening Bid.
15. Council Order #082104, Request of the Public Works Director to approve the Water St Pump Station – engineering Scope Adjustment/additional costs.
16. Council Order #082105, Request of the Public Works Director to approve the purchase of a single axle plow truck from Daigle and Houghton.
17. Council Order #082106, Request of the Public Works Director to approve the purchase of a wheeler plow truck from Daigle and Houghton.
18. Council Order #082107, Request of the Water Department Superintendent to award the bid for a new 1 ton 4WD regular cab work truck, and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
19. Council Order #082108, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent to approve a contract for cleaning and inspecting the sewer mains.
20. Council Order #082109, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent to approve a proposal to clean the storage and septic tanks at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
21. Council Order #082110, Request of the Police Chief to award a bid for (2) two new police cruisers, and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
22. Council Order #082111, Request of John Linnehan for a grand-fathered exemption from Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 25, Discharge of Firearms; Section 1. (Sponsored by Councilor Lyons)
23. Council Order #082112, Presentation, discussion, and action on utilizing the additional school funding.
24. Council Order #082113, Presentation, discussion, and possible action on entering into a zero payment lease agreement for two Hyundai electric vehicles.
25. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 4, Fire Prevention Codes and Ordinances.
26. Executive Session to discuss labor negotiations between the City of Ellsworth and Ellsworth Fire Fighters Association, Local 3402 International Association of Fire Fighters, AFL-CIO-CLC in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
27. Council Order #062114, Action on labor negotiations between the City of Ellsworth and Ellsworth Fire Fighters Association, Local 3402 International Association of Fire Fighters, AFL-CIO-CLC.