The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, December 16, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- November 8, 2019 Special Council Meeting.
- November 13, 2019 Organizational Meeting.
- November 18, 2019 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #121900, Request of the Harbor Commission to accept a resignation letter from Robert Merrill with a term to expire on June 30, 2022. *
10. Public hearing and action on the following applications for new and/or renewal on the following licenses:
- Finelli’s of Maine Inc., 12 Downeast Highway, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer/Liquor/Arcade) and renewal of a State Restaurant Liquor License (Malt and Vinous).
- Ellsworth CI, LLC d/b/a Ellsworth Comfort Inn, 130 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
11. Council Order #121901, Request of the Public Works Director to authorize payment for motor repairs to the highway 2009 International plow truck #34.
12. Council Order #121902, Request of the Library Director to accept a bid for the library roof repair project.
13. Public hearing and action on enacting Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 62 Taxation of Timeshare Estates Ordinance.
14. Council Order #121903, Request to authorize the City Manager to enter into a Master Lease Agreement with Acadia Village Resorts for the marketing and management of City owned timeshare units.
15. Council Order #121904, Request to authorize the City Manager to accept a grant award of $20,000 from the Maine Coworking Development Fund.
16. Public hearing and action on proposed amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 3, Harbor Ordinance.
17. Council Order #121905, Request of the Fire Chief to purchase a Fire Engine and loose equipment through the Huston-Galveston Area Council cooperative purchasing program with the Dealer/Vendor being Greenwood Emergency Vehicles.
18. Council Order #121906, Request of the City Manager to renew the Franklin Street Parking Lot Lease Agreement.
19. Executive Session to discuss labor negotiations between the City of Ellsworth and the International Association of Firefighters AFL-CIO, Local 3402 in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
20. Council Order #121907, Request to approve a sidebar agreement between the City of Ellsworth and the International Association of Firefighters AFL-CIO, Local 3402 to redefine the work week to accommodate the TimeClock software.