The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, December 20, 2021 at 6:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
Meetings will be broadcast live on:
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- November 15, 2021 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
- Appointment of the Emergency Medical Services Committee and Capital Planning Committee
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Eric MacLaughlin, 15 years with the Ellsworth Public Works Department. (tabled on 11/15/2021)
- Amy Wisehart, for 5 years with the Ellsworth Public Library.
- Emily Finson, for 5 years with the Ellsworth Dispatch Department.
9. Council Order #122001, Request of the Public Works Director to award an engineering contract for the improvements at the Branch Lake Dam. (Tabled at the November 15, 2021 Council meeting).
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
10. Public hearing and action on the following applications for new and/or renewal on the following licenses:
Finelli’s of Maine Inc., 12 Downeast Highway, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer/Liquor/Arcade) and renewal of a State Restaurant Liquor License (Malt and Vinous).
Ellsworth CI, LLC d/b/a Ellsworth Comfort Inn, 130 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
11. Council Order #122002, Discussion and action on City membership of the Frenchman Bay Regional Shellfish Municipal Joint Board (tabled at the November 15, 2021 Council meeting).
12. Council Order #122003 Request of the public works director to update the electrical service and wiring at the Highway garage including the reallocation of capital funds to this project.
13. Council Order #122004, Request of the Finance Director to approve the MaineHousing TIF’s
14. Council Order #122005, Request of the Library Director to use Capital Funds for Chimney repair
15. Council Order #122006, Request of the Police Department to authorize Optional Arrest Powers
16. Council Order #122007, Request of the Police Department to purchase police responder pickup from Quirk Ford
17. Discussion and action on criteria that will be used to allocate ARPA funds- sponsored by Hanson
18. Discussion and action on premium pay (hazard pay) for all City employees- sponsored by O’Halloran
19. Request that all ARPA funds be returned to taxpayers as a ratio of taxes paid after all city employee’s receive a $1,000.00 bonus (school dept excluded)- sponsored by O’Halloran
20. Council Order #122008, Request of the City Manager to appoint of Toni Dyer as City Clerk and Registrar of Voters for the City of Ellsworth.