The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, February 10, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of Ellsworth City Council minutes:
- 01/13/2020 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Michael Harris, for 15 years with the Ellsworth Wastewater Department.
- Tyler Kennedy, for 5 years with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #022000, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for approval of a Real Estate Purchase Installment Contract (REPIC) between the City of Ellsworth and Jenny Nichols. *
10. Council Order #022001, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to release properties redeemed during the 30 day redemption period ending January 22, 2020 through Quit-Claim Deeds (the complete list is available in the City Clerk’s Office) and authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds.*
11. Council Order #022002, Request of the City Manager to appoint a representative and alternate to the Maine Service Center Coalition. *
12. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Colonial I, LLC d/b/a Colonial Inn, 321 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging House License.
- Josie’s Country Store d/b/a Josie’s Country Store 126 Surry Road for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of /upgrade to current State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License to include Spirits (Class I).
- Ell Gov’s, LLC d/b/a Governor’s Restaurant, 253 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Sanjeeva Abeyasekera d/b/a Serendib, 2 State Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
13. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 57 – Frenchman Bay Regional Shellfish Conservation Ordinance.
14. Council Order #022003, Request to approve amendments to the Frenchman Bay Regional Shellfish Conservation Interlocal Management Agreement.
15. Council Order #022004, Discussion and action on adopting the Recycling Reform for Maine Resolution.