ELLSWORTH CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING NOTICE
JULY 20, 2020
In accordance with An Act To implement Provisions Necessary to the Health, Welfare and Safety of the Citizens of Maine in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, as enacted to read: Sec G-1 1 MRSA §403-A Public proceedings through remote access during declaration of State of Emergency due to COVID-19, the meeting will be held live at 1 City Hall Plaza in the City Hall Council Chambers with only the allowable number of participants according to the Governor’s executive orders. Citizens may email questions and public comments on the public hearing agenda items as well as other items this evening to Chair Dale Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to and throughout the duration of the meeting. The meeting will be broadcast live on the City of Ellsworth, Maine Facebook page and YouTube Page; as well as recorded and made available live on Spectrum Channel 1303.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 06/15/2020 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Charlene Clemons, for five years of service with the Ellsworth Public Library.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #072000, Request of the City Assessor for abatement of FY 2019 and FY 2018 taxes incorrectly billed to Bonnie Walker, Munis ID# 6883, in the amount of $988.61 plus interest and fees (FY 2019) and $973.97 plus interest and fees (FY 2018). *
10. Council Order #072001, Request of the Ellsworth Planning Board to accept a resignation letter from Roger P. Lessard with a term to expire on June 30, 2022. *
11. Council Order #072002, Request of the City Clerk for review and acceptance of the results from the July 14, 2020 City of Ellsworth School Budget Validation Special Municipal Referendum Election. *
12. Public hearing and action on the following business license application (s):
- Ellsworth Lodge of Elks #2743, 317 High Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Alcohol and Amusement) and renewal of a State Club-On Premise with Catering Malt, Spirituous and Vinous (Class I) Liquor License.
- Fogtown Brewing Co LLC d/b/a Fogtown Brewing Company, 25 Pine Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Alcohol, and Amusement).
- Jennifer Wing d/b/a Peppers Pub Inc., 20 Water Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Alcohol, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant/Lounge Malt, Spirituous and Vinous (Class XI) Liquor License.
- Taste Jamaica, LLC 190 State Street for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Wine and Malt Liquor License.
- Rockbound Management LLC, d/b/a Twin Hills Cottages of Acadia, 210 Twin Hill Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
13. Council Order #072003, Request of the Fire Chief to accept a revised agreement with the County of Hancock for providing Fletchers Landing Township fire protection and emergency services.
14. Council Order #072004, Request of the Development Services Director to approve a Business in Residence Contract for services at the Union River Center for Innovation.
15. Council Order #072005, Request of the Development Services Director to approve a Services Agreement with Pulse Marketing at the Union River Center for Innovation.
16. Council Order #072006, Request of the Development Services Director to accept the Keep Maine Healthy Grant in the amount of $25,372.
17. Council Order #072007, Request of the Development Services Director to accept the Maine Technology Institute Grant for URCI in the amount of $72,000.
18. Public hearing and action on the City of Ellsworth Municipal Budget Resolutions for FY 2021.
19. Council Order #072008, Request of the City Manager to approve a contract for Lawn Treatment Services at City Hall, Merrill Park, SK Whiting Park, Harbor Park, Triangle at Demeyer, Wilson Field, and Demeyer Fields 1-3.
20. Council Order #072009, Request of the City Manager to approve a contract for Knowlton Park Mowing and Grounds Maintenance Services.