The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, June 21, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
Meetings will be broadcast live on:
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meeting (s):
- April 19, 2021 Regular Meeting. (Tabled at the May 17, 2021 Regular Council meeting)
- May 17, 2021 Regular Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
9. Council Order #042108, Discussion and action on supporting the bike/pedestrian path extension project with local support through a future funding source. (Sponsored by Councilor Blanchette; tabled at the April 19, 2021 and May 17, 2021 Regular Council meetings).
10. Council Order #052109, Discussion and action on a proposal to change the start time of the Council meetings to 6:00 PM. (Sponsored by Chair Hamilton; tabled at the May 17, 2021 Regular Council meeting)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
11. Council Order #062100, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to set the real estate and personal property tax due dates at September 9, 2021 and March 10, 2022. *
12. Council Order #062101, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector for an Order of the Municipal Officers on the application of real estate and personal property tax payments. This order will allow for the Tax Collector and Treasurer to apply tax payments against the oldest unpaid tax bills. *
13. Council Order #062102, Request of the City Clerk for review and acceptance of the results from the June 8, 2021 City of Ellsworth School Budget Validation Special Municipal Referendum Election. *
14. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for new or renewal for the following license (s):
- Pavida Visetrut Young d/b/a Thai Sana, 321 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and renewal of a State Restaurant Malt and Vinous (Class III and IV) Liquor License.
- Luhrs Empire Inc. d/b/a DragonFire, 248 State Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Arcade < 12 devices) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Giri Ellsworth Inc. d/b/a Ramada by Wyndham Ellsworth, 215 High Street, for a new City Lodging license.
15. Council Order #062103, Appointment of City Officials by the City Council.
a. New appointment – Joshua McIntyre, Treasurer
16. Council Order #062104, Approval of City Manager’s appointments.
a. New appointments – Joshua McIntyre, Finance Director
17. Public hearing and action on Council Order #062105: Authorization for Tax Anticipation Borrowing ($2,000,000).
18. Public hearing and action on Budget Resolutions for FY 2022.
19. Council Order #062106, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to set the interest rate on overdue taxes.
20. Council Order #062107, Request of the Interim Fire Chief to accept a revised agreement between the City of Ellsworth and the County of Hancock to provide fire protection and emergency services to Fletcher’s Landing Township for a term of three years.
21. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 4, Fire Prevention Codes and Ordinances.
22. Executive Session to discuss labor negotiations between the City of Ellsworth and the Massachusetts and Northern New England Labor’s District Council on behalf of Local 327, Ellsworth Wastewater Treatment Plant Unit in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
23. Council Order #062108, Action on labor negotiations between the City of Ellsworth and the Massachusetts and Northern New England Labor’s District Council on behalf of Local 327, Ellsworth Wastewater Treatment Plant Unit.
24. Council Order #062109, Action on approving the Annual Report for Tax Year April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021 Affordable Housing Tax Increment Financing Districts.