The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of Ellsworth City Council minutes:
- 02/10/2020 Regular meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- David Cole, for 5 years with the City of Ellsworth.
- Daryl Clark, for 20 years with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
- Proclamation of Maine’s Bicentennial.
9. Council Order #121905, Request of the Fire Chief to purchase a Fire Engine and loose equipment through the Huston-Galveston Area Council cooperative purchasing program with the Dealer/Vendor being Greenwood Emergency Vehicles. (Tabled at the December 16, 2019 Regular Council meeting for 90 days.)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
10. Council Order #032000, Reservation of the City of Ellsworth’s right to harvest alewives. *
11. Council Order #032001, Request of the City Manager to hold a Special Municipal School Budget Validation Referendum Election on June 09, 2020, for the purpose of validating the school budget in conjunction with the State of Maine Primary Election. *
12. Council Order #032002, Request of the Recreation Commission to appoint Lillian Frank and Benton Bird as Student Recreation Commission members with the City of Ellsworth Recreation Commission, terms to expire on June 30, 2021. *
13. Council Order #032003, Request of the City Assessor to approve a property tax abatement for the FY 2019 taxes assessed to Jud Strang dba Roasted Maine, Munis ID# 8174, in the amount of $452.35 plus interest and fees. *
14. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Siam Sky LLC d/b/a Siam Sky 2, 78 Downeast Highway for a new City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and a new State Class III and IV Restaurant Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Atlantic Coast Inn, 200 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging House License.
- The Eagles Lodge, Inc., 278 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging House License.
- Morse, LLC d/b/a Tag’s Sports Bar 248 State Street Suite 4 for renewal of a City Class A License (Amusement, Liquor, Arcade and Victualer) and renewal of a State Class XI, Restaurant/Lounge Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
- Asset Management Inc. d/b/a Riverside Café, 151 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
15. Council Order #032004, Request to approve a one year extension to the commercial lease agreement with Michael Harris, d/b/a Harris’s Harborside Takeout for a vending concession stand at the Ellsworth Harbor.
16. Council Order #032005, Request of the Public Works Director to award the purchase of a single axle plow truck and associated equipment.
17. Council Order #032006, Request of the Public Works Director to award a bid for the Harbor Walkway Project.
18. Council Order #032007, Request to amend the Conservation Easement Branch Lake – Fenn Trust Parcels between the Frenchman Bay Conservancy, City of Ellsworth and the State of Maine, as Third Party Holder.
19. Public hearing and action on proposed amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinance Chapter 3, Harbor Ordinance.
20. Public hearing and action on Council Order #032008, Order authorizing the issuance of up to $368,030 of the City’s General Obligation Bonds to finance upgrades to the City’s State Street and High Street Water Tanks.
21. Public hearing and action on proposed amendments and additions to Chapter 56 Unified Development Ordinance, Article 3 Zoning Districts, Article 14 Definitions, and Article 8 Performance Standards. The proposed amendments will create additional categories and allowable uses in Article 3 Section 307 Table of Land Uses, create additional entries in Article 14 Definitions, and will add the following Sections to Article 8 Performance Standards: Section 823 Solar Energy Systems, Section 824 Energy Storage Systems and Section 825 Facility Operations, Maintenance, Decommissioning and Abandonment.
22. Council Order #032009, request to approve a resolution by the Ellsworth City Council expressing opposition to LD 2090 An Act to Amend the Laws Governing Arbitration under Certain Public Employees Labor Relations Laws.