The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, May 20, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meeting (s):
- April 15, 2019 Regular Meeting.
- May 6, 2019 Special Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #051901, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax-acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
10. Council Order #051902, Request of the City Assessor for abatement of FY 2018 taxes assessed to Rumor Has It Hair Salon, Munis ID# 180293, in the amount of $35.94 plus interest and fees. *
11. Council Order #051903, Request to appoint David Burks to the Planning Board as alternate member with a term to expire on June 30, 2020. *
12. Public hearing and action on the applications for issuance for the following licenses:
- Finn’s Irish Pub, Inc d/b/a Finn’s Irish Pub, 156 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Amusement, Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, Vinous Liquor License.
- Ellsworth No. 1, LLC, d/b/a Hampton Inn – Ellsworth, 6 Downeast Highway, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Ellsworth RI, LLC, d/b/a Ellsworth Ramada, 215 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Brian Langley d/b/a Union River Lobster Pot, 8 South Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License.
- Cresswell Investments, LLC d/b/a Airline Brewing Company, 173 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Shinbashi Inc. d/b/a Shinbashi Restaurant, 139 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License.
- Rockbound Management LLC, d/b/a Twin Hills Cottages of Acadia, 210 Twin Hill Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- The Mex Inc. d/b/a The Mex, 191 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License.
- Susan Scherbel d/b/a Dyon’s, 35 Eastward Lane, for renewal of a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) License and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- Zunilda Ayala Escalante d/b/a Mi Sombrero Mexican Restaurant and Bar, 78 Downeast Highway, for a new City Class C License (Liquor and Victualer) and a new State Class XI Restaurant/Lounge Malt, Vinous, Spirituous Liquor License.
13. Council Order #051904, Request of the Finance Director to write off personal property account balances, per spreadsheet available in the City Clerk’s Department.
14. Council Order #051905, Request of the Public Works Director to award a bid for the Harbor Tank Upgrade Project, and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
15. Public hearing and action on Council Order #051906, the Ellsworth School Budget Resolutions for FY 2020.
a. Order Approving State/Local EPS Funding Allocation for Public Education from Kindergarten to Grade 12 for Ellsworth Schools for FY2020.
b. Order Approving Non-State Funded School Construction Debt Service For Ellsworth Schools For FY2020.
c. Order Raising And Appropriating Additional Local Funds For Ellsworth Schools For FY2020.
d. Order Approving Total School Operating Budget for Ellsworth Schools for FY2020.
e. Order Appropriating And Raising Funds For Adult Education For FY 2020 As Required By The Maine Revised Statues, Title 20-A M.R.S.A. §8603-A (1).
f. Order Raising Local Funds for Food Service in the Ellsworth Public Schools for FY2020.
g. Order Authorizing Expenditure of Grants and Other Receipts for School Department Programs.
h. Order Authorizing Disposition of Additional State Funding for Public Schools for FY2020 in the event of an increase.
16. Council Order #051907, Request of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Superintendent for authorization to obtain engineering services from Woodard and Curran pertaining to the potential upgrades to the Water Street pump station and collection system.
17. Council Order #051908, Request to approve a sidebar agreement between the City of Ellsworth and the Ellsworth Highway Department Unit, Local #327, Massachusetts and Northern New England Labors’ District Council to allow an upgrade to a current highway worker position to be a crew leader.
18. Council Order #051909, Request of the City Manager for approval of matching funds for an EID Grant from the Northern Border Regional Commission to support improvements to the Water Street Wastewater Pump Station and Collection System.