The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, November 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
Meetings will be broadcast live on:
Spectrum Channel 7
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- October 18, 2021 Regular Council Meeting.
- November 5, 2021 Special Council Meeting.
- November 8, 2021 Organizational Meeting.
- November 8, 2021 Emergency Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
- Appointment of Councilors to various City Committees by the Chairman of the City Council.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Eric MacLaughlin, for 15 years of service with the Ellsworth Public Works Department.
- KaTina D. Howes, for 15 years (full-time employment) with the Ellsworth City Clerk’s Department.
- Small Business Day Proclamation – November 27, 2021.
- World Aids Day Proclamation – December 1, 2021.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #112101, Discussion and action on the request of the Branch Lake Water Steward to set the Branch Lake boat and aeroplane sticker fee at $0 for the calendar year 2022. *
10. Council Order #112102, Request of the Recreation Commission to appoint Kathy Young as a member of the Commission with a term to expire on June 30, 2023. *
11. Council Order #112103, Appointment of Cathy Pickard as the Ellsworth representative on the Frenchman Bay Regional Shellfish Committee. *
12. Public hearing and action on the following business licenses: (Not needed this month)
13. Council Order #112104, Request of the Public Works Director to award an engineering contract for the improvements at the Branch Lake Dam.
14. Council Order #112105, Discussion and action regarding Hazard pay for first responders.
15. Council Order #112106, Discussion and action on creating a new accountant position within the Finance Department.
16. Council Order #112107, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent to approve the expenditure of funds to complete a major service on the dewatering centrifuse.