The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, November 18, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- October 21, 2019 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
- Appointment of Councilors to various City Committees by the Chairman of the City Council.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Kelly Herrick, for 5 years with the City of Ellsworth.
- Small Business Day Proclamation – November 30, 2019.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #111902, Discussion and action on the request of the Branch Lake Water Steward to set the Branch Lake boat and aeroplane sticker fee at $0 for the calendar year 2020. *
10. Council Order #111903, Request of the City Assessor for abatement of FY 2017 ($237.40) and FY 2018 ($227.05) taxes assessed to David Mitchell, Munis ID# 130022, in the amount of $464.45 plus interest and fees. *
11. Council Order #111904, Request of the Planning Board to accept a resignation letter from Lisa Enman with a term to expire on June 30, 2020. *
12. Council Order #111905, Request of the Recreation Commission to appoint Shane Lowell to the Recreation Commission with a term to expire June 30, 2021. *
13. Public hearing and action on the following business licenses:
• VFW 109, 419 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (victualer, liquor, and amusement) and renewal of a State Bottle Club Registration.
• Acadia Bowling Lanes LLC, 25 Eastward Lanes, for a new City Class B License (victualer, liquor, and arcade) and a new State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
14. Public hearing and action on revising the user rates for the Ellsworth Water Department.
15. Council Order #111906, Request of the Deputy City Manager to award a $3,068,992 Bond Anticipation Note (BAN).
16. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 10: Ordinance for the Maintenance, Administration, and Disposition of Tax Acquired Property.
17. Council Order #111907, Request of the Police Chief to authorize the City Manager to enter into an agreement with Brown’s Communication for the Digital Radio Communications System project.