City Hall will be closed on Monday, October 25. 2021 due to multiple staff members testing positive for COVID-19. Emergency services and departments located outside of City Hall will be operating as usual.
The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, October 18, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
Meetings will be broadcast live on:
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting of the Ellsworth City Council:
• 09/20/2021 Regular Monthly Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
• Paul Johnston, for 5 years of service with the Ellsworth Public Works Department.
• Tony Leighton, for 5 years with the Ellsworth Wastewater Department.
• Peter Austin, for 35 years with the Ellsworth Water Department.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #102100, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on a Real Estate Purchase Installment Contract (REPIC), property located at 413 Christian Ridge Road (Map 050 Lot 072-000-000), and to authorize the City Manager to release said property through a Municipal Quit-Claim Deed. *
10. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for the following license (s):
• Louise Joy and Thomas Joy d/b/a Edward Joy & Sons, 129 North Street, for renewal of a City Junkyard/Automobile Graveyard Permit.
• James B. Card II d/b/a Jimbo’s Junkin, 62 Kylies Way, for renewal of a City Junkyard/Automobile Graveyard Permit.
• Hane Yee, Inc., d/b/a China Hill Restaurant, 301 High Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, Vinous Liquor License.
11. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 36, General Assistance Ordinance.
12. Council Order #102101, Request of the Public Works Director to award the bid for the replacement of the Transfer Station scale.
13. Council Order #102102, Request of the Development Services Director to approve an amended Entrepreneur-in-Residence Contract for services at the Union River Center for Innovation to be funded from the Maine Technology Institute grant, approved by Council on June 17, 2019.
14. Council Order #102103, Request of the Fire Chief to purchase a Rescue/Pumper from Brindlee Mountain Fire Apparatus to replace the current Rescue #5 and Engine #8.
15. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 34, Personnel Ordinance.
16. Public hearing and action on Council Order #102104, reallocating unspent proceeds of the City’s 2019 BAN to finance miscellaneous vehicles, machinery and equipment and other facility improvements and upgrades.
17. Public hearing and action on a Moratorium Ordinance Regarding Medium- and Large-Scale Solar Energy Systems.
18. Executive session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.