The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting of the Ellsworth City Council:
• 09/13/2019 Special Council Meeting
• 09/16/2019 Regular Monthly Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
• Bernie Hussey, for 35 years of service with the Ellsworth Public Works Department.
• Adam Wilson, for 20 years with the Ellsworth Public Works Department.
9. Council Order #031911, Discussion and action on the Clam Warden position for the Frenchman Bay Shellfish Program. (Tabled at the March 18, 2019 Regular Council Meeting)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
10. Council Order #101900, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
11. Council Order #101901, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on a Real Estate Purchase Installment Contract (REPIC), property located at 850 Mariaville Road (Map 107 Lot 020-000-000), and to authorize the City Manager to release said building through a Municipal Quit-Claim Deed. *
12. Council Order #101902, Request of the Recreation Commission to appoint Josh Frost to the Recreation Commission with a term to expire June 30, 2021. *
13. Council Order #101903, Request of the Recreation Commission to accept a resignation letter from Robert Hessler with a term to expire on June 30, 2021. *
14. Council Order #101904, Request to appoint Stephen Shea (currently an Associate member) to the Appeals Board as a full member to fill the remainder of Jefferson Clark’s recently vacated term which was set to expire June 30, 2021. *
15. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for the following license (s):
• Louise Joy and Thomas Joy d/b/a Edward Joy & Sons, 129 North Street, for renewal of a City Junkyard/Automobile Graveyard Permit.
• James B. Card II d/b/a Jimbo’s Junkin, 62 Kylies Way, for renewal of a City Junkyard/Automobile Graveyard Permit.
16. Council Order #101905, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent to upgrade a Bobcat Skidsteer, purchase a pavement cutting attachment unit and purchase any other associated equipment as part of the Manhole Cutting Project.
17. Council Order #101906, Request of the Finance Director for approval to encumber certain appropriation accounts.
18. Council Order #101907, Request of the Finance Director for approval to adjust the FY 2019 estimated appropriations and revenues.
19. Public hearing and action on Council Order #101908, authorizing issuance of up to $3,068,992 of the City’s General Obligation Bonds to finance the acquisition of miscellaneous vehicles and equipment and other municipal infrastructure improvements.
20. Public hearing and action on Council Order #101909, authorizing issuance of up to $460,000 of the City’s General Obligation Bonds to finance Branch Lake Dam improvements and upgrades and the acquisition of meter reading equipment.
21. Council Order #101910, Request of the Public Works Director to award a bid for a loader.
22. Council Order #101911, Request of the Public Works Director to purchase a used 2018 Western Star single axle plow truck from Daigle & Houlton, and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
23. Council Order #101912, Request of the Public Works Director to sell the old sweeper and 1996 International plow truck through the Govdeals website.
24. Public hearing and action on proposed amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 3, Harbor Ordinance.
25. Council Order #101913, Request of the Harbor Commission to amend the Harbor Fee Schedule.
26. Executive session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.