The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, February 11, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of Ellsworth City Council minutes:
- 01/14/2019 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #021901, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds.*
10. Council Order #021902, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to release properties redeemed during the 30 day redemption period ending January 18, 2019 through Quit-Claim Deeds (the complete list is available in the City Clerk’s Office) and authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds.*
11. Council Order #021903, Request of the City Manager to appoint a representative and alternate to the Maine Service Center Coalition. *
12. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
• Colonial I, LLC d/b/a Colonial Inn, 321 High Street, for a new City Lodging House License.
• Ell Gov’s, LLC d/b/a Governor’s Restaurant, 253 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
• Sanjeeva Abeyasekera d/b/a Serendib, 2 State Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
13. Council Order #021904, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to offer for sale by sealed bid various properties that have been acquired for non-payment of real estate taxes. (Complete list available at the City Clerk’s Department).
14. Council Order #021905, Request of the City Manager to confirm the appointment of an Interim City Planner.
15. Presentation and discussion on a possible Single Use Plastic Bag Ordinance, presented by the Green Plan Subcommittee on Energy and Solid Waste. (Sponsored by Councilor Fortier).
16. Council Order #021906, Request of the IT Systems Administrator for approval to sole-source the Water Department Fiber Construction project to Northeast Cable Construction.
17. Executive session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.