The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, April 19, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
In accordance with An Act To implement Provisions Necessary to the Health, Welfare and Safety of the Citizens of Maine in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, as enacted to read: Sec G-1 1 MRSA §403-A Public proceedings through remote access during declaration of State of Emergency due to COVID-19, the meeting will be held live at 1 City Hall Plaza in the City Hall Council Chambers with only the allowable number of participants according to the Governor’s executive orders. Citizens may email questions and public comments on the public hearing agenda items as well as other items this evening to Councilor Robert Miller at email@example.com prior to and throughout the duration of the meeting. The meeting will be broadcast live on the City of Ellsworth, Maine Facebook page and YouTube Page; as well as recorded and made available live on Spectrum Channel 1303.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meetings:
- March 15, 2021 Regular Meeting. (Request to table)
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
9. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 14, Licenses and Permits Ordinance. (Tabled at the December 21, 2020 Council meeting).
10. Council Order #122005, Discussion and action on EMS Services within the City of Ellsworth. (Tabled at the December 21, 2020, January 11, 2021, February 8, 2021, and March 15, 2021 Regular Council meetings).
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
11. Council Order #042100, Request of the Recreation Commission to accept the resignation of the following members: Benton Bird and Lillian Frank – terms to expire on June 30, 2021, and Amy Phillips – term to expire on June 30, 2022. *
12. Council Order #042101, Request of the City Clerk for appointment of Wardens and Ward Clerks for the four voting districts within the City of Ellsworth for the June 8, 2021 City of Ellsworth School Budget Validation Special Municipal Referendum Election. *
13. Council Order #042102, Request of the City Clerk for approval on setting the polling places opening time as 8 AM for the June 8, 2021 City of Ellsworth School Budget Validation Special Municipal Referendum Election. *
14. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Finn’s Irish Pub, Inc. d/b/a Finn’s Irish Pub, 156 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Amusement, Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, Vinous Liquor License.
- Ellsworth No. 1, LLC, d/b/a Hampton Inn – Ellsworth, 6 Downeast Highway, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Ellsworth RI, LLC, d/b/a Ellsworth Ramada, 215 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Cresswell Investments, LLC d/b/a Airline Brewing Company, 173 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
15. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 60, Property Maintenance Ordinance.
16. Council Order #042103, Discussion concerning different options for dealing with floating structures on lakes within the City of Ellsworth. (Sponsored by Councilor Grindle).
17. Council Order #042104, Discussion and action on whether to continue holding the property located at 1399 Bangor Road for a potential fire sub-station in the future or release the property to be sold in accordance with City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances Chapter 10 Maintenance, Administration and Disposition of Tax Acquired Property. (Sponsored by Councilor Blanchette).
18. Council Order #042105, Request of the Public Works Director to award a contract for marking words, symbols, stop bars, parking lines, crosswalks and authorize the City Manager to sign the contract.
19. Council Order #042106, Request of the Public Works Director to approve an excavator lease agreement for a term of up to 6 months.
20. Council Order #042107, Discussion on and action to hold a workshop to learn about the State of Maine’s adult-use marijuana law and in particular the component of the law that addresses local regulation of marijuana establishments. (Sponsored by Councilor Phillips).
21. Council Order #042108, Discussion and action on supporting the bike/pedestrian path extension project with local support through a future funding source. (Sponsored by Councilor Blanchette).