The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, August 19, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 07/08/2019 Emergency Meeting.
- 07/15/2019 Regular Monthly Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Nate Burckhard, for five years of service with the Ellsworth Technology Systems Department. (Carried forward from July Council Meeting)
- Ellsworth High School Varsity Baseball Team recognition as State of Maine Champions.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #081900, Request of the Housing Authority to appoint Richard Lyles to the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority Board to fill the remainder of Jeff Clark’s recently vacated term which was set to expire 01/01/2024. *
10. Council Order #081901, Request of the Tax Collector/Deputy Treasurer to initiate civil actions in the name of the City of Ellsworth for the purpose of collecting delinquent personal property taxes. *
11. Public hearing and action on the application for the following licenses:
- Daniel C. Potts d/b/a Lakeside Cedar Cabins, 397 Mariaville Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- Barb & Kevin Buza d/b/a Silver Saints Sanctuary, 33 Birch Avenue, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
- AARGH Inc., d/b/a Pat’s Pizza, 396 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
- Taste Jamaica, LLC 190 State Street for a new City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and a new State Restaurant (Class IV) Malt Liquor License.
12. Council Order #081902, Request of the City Manager to confirm the appointment of a new Ellsworth Planner within the Development Services Department.
13. Council Order #081903, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to award bids for tax-acquired property.
14. Council Order #081904, Request of the Water Department Superintendent to award the bid for a new 2019 or 2020 ½ ton 4WD regular cab work truck, and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
15. Council Order #081905, Request of the Public Works Director to approve a contract with Hedefine Engineering for services on the Water Street Drainage project and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
16. Council Order #081906, Request of the Public Works Director to accept the Mineral Screening Bid.
17. Council Order #081907, Request of the Fire Chief to award a bid for an E22-T-600 Washer/Extractor, E22-404L Liberty Pump, and Ram Air Dryer.
18. Council Order #081908, Request of the IT System Administrator to purchase an upgrade to the Vision Appraisal Assessing Software.
19. Council Order #081909, Request of the Police Chief to award a bid for (2) two new 2020 police cruisers, and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
20. Council Order #081910, Request of the Finance Director to withdraw funds from the Wastewater Reserve Account for the replacement of the channel grinder at the Main Street Pump Station.
21. Council Order #081911, Request to award a bid for the installation of carpeting at Ellsworth City Hall.
22. Council Order #081912, Request to approve a contract between the City of Ellsworth and Northern Light Medical Transport that provides quarters at the Ellsworth Fire Department and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.