The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, December 19, 2022 at 6:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
Meetings will be broadcast live on:
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- November 21, 2022 Regular Council Meeting.
- December 7, 2022 Special Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
- Request to add Councilors to the Broadband Committee (Request by J. Richards)
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
9. Continued discussions from the November 21st, 2022 regular meeting regarding communications (regarding additional public notices, surveys) and possible establishment of a sub-committee.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
10. Council Order #121900, Discussion and action on the request of the Branch Lake Water Steward to set the Branch Lake boat and aeroplane sticker fee at $0 for the calendar year 2023.
11. Public hearing and action on the following applications for new and/or renewal on the following licenses:
- Dave’s Auto Repair and Towing, 231 Bucksport Road, Ellsworth, Maine for renewal of a City Towing/Recovery License
- 86 This!, 125 Main Street, Ellsworth, Maine for a renewal of City Class B license (Food, alcohol, amusement)
- Squid LLC, d/b/a Ellsworth Suites, 147 Bucksport Road, Ellsworth, Maine for a new City lodging license.
- New England Hospitality d/b/a Comfort Inn, 130 High Street, Ellsworth, Maine for a new City lodging license.
12. Public Hearing and action to adopt the new amended 2022 version of the Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 36, General Assistance Ordinance from the State of Maine.
13. Confirmation of administrative employee:
- City Planner
14. Appointment of Administrative Officials
- Treasurer/Finance Director
15. Discussion and update on the City Solar ordinance (Sponsored by Hanson)
16. Request of the City Planner to review the RFP for the Comprehensive Plan and select 2 members of Council to be on the Steering Committee.
17. Council Order #121901, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent to replace the boiler at the Wastewater Treatment facility
18. Discussion and date selection for a workshop with Heart of Ellsworth and Maine Downtown Center staff. (Sponsored by Hamilton)
19. Executive Session in accordance with 1 M.R.S.A. § 405 (6) E, to discuss legal matters
20. Councilor Comments