The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, December 21, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
In accordance with An Act To implement Provisions Necessary to the Health, Welfare and Safety of the Citizens of Maine in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, as enacted to read: Sec G-1 1 MRSA §403-A Public proceedings through remote access during declaration of State of Emergency due to COVID-19, the meeting will be held live at 1 City Hall Plaza in the City Hall Council Chambers with only the allowable number of participants according to the Governor’s executive orders. Citizens may email questions and public comments on the public hearing agenda items as well as other items this evening to Chair Dale Hamilton at email@example.com prior to and throughout the duration of the meeting. The meeting will be broadcast live on the City of Ellsworth, Maine Facebook page and YouTube Page; as well as recorded and made available live on Spectrum Channel 1303.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- September 21, 2020 Regular Council Meeting.
- October 19, 2020 Regular Council Meeting.
- October 29, 2020 Special Council Meeting.
- November 6, 2020 Special Council Meeting.
- November 9, 2020 Organizational Meeting.
- November 19, 2020 Special Council Meeting.
- December 2, 2020 Special Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Shawn Merchant, for 5 years with the Ellsworth Police Department.
- Richard Fortier, for 45 years with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
- Special presentation by Chair Hamilton.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #122000, Request of the Harbor Commission to appoint Patrick Downey as a member to the City of Ellsworth Harbor Commission, term to expire on June 30, 2023. *
10. Public hearing and action on the following applications for new and/or renewal on the following licenses:
- Finelli’s of Maine Inc., 12 Downeast Highway, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer/Liquor/Arcade) and renewal of a State Restaurant Liquor License (Malt and Vinous).
- Ellsworth CI, LLC d/b/a Ellsworth Comfort Inn, 130 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
11. Presentation on Covid Vaccine Education. (Sponsored by Councilor Miller)
12. Council Order #122001, Request of the Harbor Commission to amend the Harbor Fee Schedule.
13. Council Order #122002, Request of the Public Works Director to authorize repair work to the 2016 International wheeler plow truck #44.
14. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 34, Personnel Ordinance.
15. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 14, Licenses and Permits Ordinance.
16. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 23, Noise Ordinance.
17. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 4, Fire Protection and Prevention Ordinance.
18. Council Order #122003, Request of the City Manager to renew the Franklin Street Parking Lot Lease Agreement.
19. Council Order #122004, Request of the Facilities Manager to award a contract for purchase and complete installation of a 60KW propane Generator at the Union River Center of Innovation.
20. Council Order #122005, Discussion and action on EMS Services within the City of Ellsworth.
21. Executive session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.
22. Council Order #122006, Action from the executive session concerning personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.