The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, November 19, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- October 15, 2018 Regular Council Meeting. (Request to table)
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
- Appointment of Councilors to various City Committees by the Chairman of the City Council.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Ed Pollack, for 30 years with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
- Brian Moon, for 5 years with the Ellsworth Public Works Department.
- Kevin Sawyer, for 15 years with the Ellsworth Public Works Department.
- Small Business Day Proclamation – November 24, 2018.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #111803, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired time share units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
10. Council Order #111804, Discussion and action on the request of the Branch Lake Water Steward to set the Branch Lake boat and aeroplane sticker fee at $0 for the calendar year 2019. *
11. Council Order #111805, Request of the Finance Director for transfer of the Defendants in Rem (criminal forfeiture Doc. No. CR-17-1328) to the City of Ellsworth and to allow the Finance Director to deposit these monies into the Police Forfeiture Reserve Account upon receipt of the funds. *
12. Council Order #111806, Request of the Ellsworth Board of Appeals to appoint Stephen Shea to the City of Ellsworth Board of Appeals as an alternate member, term to expire 06/30/2019. *
13. Public hearing and action on the following business licenses:
• VFW 109, 419 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (victualer, liquor, and amusement) and renewal of a State Bottle Club Registration.
14. Council Order #111807, Request of the Public Works Director to award the bid for a one ton work truck.
15. Council Order #111808, Request of the Public Works Director to approve a 5 month lease for a loader and authorize the City Manager to sign all documents.
16. Council Order #111809, Request of the Public Works Director to award the contract for the transfer station compactor replacement project.
17. Council Order #111810, Consideration of the City’s options in conjunction with the Ticonic Property.
18. Council Order #111811, Discussion on Budget and Planning. (Sponsored by Councilor Hamilton)
19. Council Order #111812, Request of the Information Technology Administrator to sell surplus property (servers).
20. Council Order #111813, Request of the Finance Director to withdraw $2,400 from the Police Forfeiture Account to go towards the purchase of the Power DMS Software System, 20 tourniquets and holders.
21. Council Order #111814, Request of the Solid Waste Committee to modify the City’s recycling program to better align with current market conditions.
22. Executive Session to discuss labor contracts in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
23. Council Order #111815, Discussion and action on the item from the executive session.
November 19, 2018 City Council Meeting Packet